Do you have a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or Ag Business and experience in sales and customer service? Are you a creative thinker who can build a business and generate new ideas? Do you have skills in assertiveness, detail-orientation & organization as well as a strong work ethic and high level of professionalism? If this sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing animal feed ingredients. Join us and grow your career with Wilbur-Ellis – a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth & development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
The role of the Associate Merchandiser is to provide assistance to the Product Group Manager or an individual marketer (merchandiser) by maintaining existing business relationships within a defined product group. This entry level role will also provide the opportunity to step into the marketing (merchandising) team by learning about new business opportunities, generating sales and purchases for an assigned geographical region and group of commodities, and to develop a sustainable business with acceptable margins as outlined by division, and to promote growth, manage risk and present opportunities for growth.
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables include:
- Work with Marketing (Merchandising) Directors, Product Group Managers, and marketers (merchandisers) to effectively maintain an existing line of business relationships/needs with customers and suppliers
- Work with Marketing (Merchandising) Directors to understand the products where Wilbur-Ellis would have a competitive advantage
- Market feed ingredients to existing customers and other markets as opportunities arise to increase sale opportunities
- Assisting in gaining regulatory approval when needed
Key skills and Abilities include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or Ag Business
- Able to produce profitable sales in target areas for growth
- Promote company name/reputation in marketplace
- Collect market information and gain a comprehensive knowledge about the ingredients marketed
- Manage risk by operating within established guidelines
- Work within defined position limits as well as established company policies
- Work effectively within a team environment
Key Personal Attributes include:
- Capable of overnight business travel, to include occasional travel by airplane
- Must be able to establish and maintain good working relationships with customers, suppliers and coworkers
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills and a strong work ethic
- Creative thinker who can build a business and generate new ideas
- Must be able to follow corporate direction and policies promoting excellence
- Must be assertive and able to accept rejection
- Service oriented and with a strong commitment to quality
- High level of integrity and professionalism
- Knowledge of industry markets
- Be willing to work as part of a team
- Strong desire to succeed
- Agriculture background would be helpful
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package
Wilbur-Ellis Feed, LLC is headquartered in Vancouver, Washington and is a marketer and distributor of value-added feed ingredients in North America and Asia-Pacific. Wilbur Ellis provides feed solutions to our customers and suppliers in the Livestock, Pet Food and Aquaculture Industries. Providing a complete supply chain, including logistics, warehousing and customer service, in addition to expertise in import/export and regulatory, sets Wilbur-Ellis apart from our competitors. We understand the importance of providing on-time delivery of specified products and honoring our commitments to suppliers and customers.
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-five years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.