"The Power of Together"
Join a growing and dynamic company combining to create a revitalized organization that has a long and rich history in providing commercial, personal and specialized insurance in Canada.
The Northbridge Family includes Northbridge Insurance, supporting our broker partners; Federated Insurance, operating through dedicated sales agents, and, Zenith Insurance, which sells personal lines. One of Canada's leading commercial P&C insurance companies, Northbridge boasts $1.3 billion in premiums.
Our Toronto office is located in the heart of the vibrant downtown Toronto core. We are easily accessible by TTC, GO Transit, or even on bicycle or on foot for those who live in the city. Just steps from First Canadian Place, and walking distance to great shopping and dining, it is an exciting and dynamic location.
The Associate Graphic Designer supports the Manager, Creative Services in the development and execution of graphic design solutions that meet our design and content standards for the company’s print, multimedia and electronic communications. This role also supports Customer Innovations & Communications team in the presentation of those design solutions.
- Assist in the creation of campaigns that span several communication methods.
- Provide guidance to internal clients and provide solutions through design strategies.
- Support project managers in creating realistic and accurate project schedules and budgets.
- Ensure the departments’ work meets requirement outlined in the marketing brief.
- Required to take design, apply it to print, web, direct mail, magazine advertising, multimedia and tradeshow booths efficiently and flawlessly.
- Present and explain rationale behind creative solutions, including cost implications, and how the creative solution supports the communication strategy.
- Support the successful design of key departmental projects and determine best practices.
- Assist in developing and maintaining a corporate graphic standards guide.
- Ensure all work is ready for delivery to external print suppliers.
- Support the Manager, Creative Services in proofing and checking printed materials for consistency and quality of output.
- Degree/Diploma in design
- Solid knowledge of Adobe’s core suite of applications (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Demonstrated ability to manage multi-media projects using Adobe After Effects.
- Customer service focused.
- Detail-oriented, with excellent proofreading skills.
- Solid knowledge of pre-press functions and print quotation process.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and editing skills.
- Demonstrated presentation skills.
- Superior time and project management skills.
- Energetic, flexible and creative team player with the ability to function as part of a dynamic, fast-paced team.
- Ability to take and effectively apply strategic requirements as outline by Manager, Creative Services and create design solutions.
- Proactive and solutions-oriented.
- Strong active listener; strong comprehension and good ability to learn quickly.