Reporting to the Director, Marketing in the University Relations department, the Associate Director, Digital Strategy and Experience is responsible for developing and executing the strategy and operations of UFV’s digital marketing and communications properties with a focus on user experience, content strategy, digital design and front-end development. The Associate Director, Digital Strategy and Experience will lead the UFV web team to architect a digital ecosystem that allows to UFV to develop and sustain a high degree of online engagement with its audiences and stakeholders.
As Associate Director, Digital Strategy and Experience, you will lead significant change initiatives working in collaboration with teams composed of marketers, content creators, graphic designers, web developers, and stakeholder units of students, faculty, and staff, to create a seamless and engaging digital experience for a variety of audiences across multiple platforms.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the deployment of a new content management system at UFV, working with vendors and stakeholders to rearchitect UFV’s externally facing website.
- Lead the rollout of a new content governance framework, using change management strategies to ensure stakeholder buy-in, then drive the governance process as a key principle of web operations and best practices at UFV.
- Lead the establishment of a distributed editor model for the management of web and digital content, working with the Director and other stakeholders.
- Work with the Director and key UFV stakeholders to create and implement a multi-platform digital strategy, roadmap and budget that aligns with and supports UFV’s communications and marketing objectives for digital engagement.
- Provide a superior digital experience for audiences based on technology trends, audience needs and university objectives; enhance audience experience and usability using a collaborative, integrated marketing and communications approach.
- Strategically align digital initiatives with the UFV vision and brand.
- Develop a digital research and insight program leveraging web analytics, surveys, in person interviews, stakeholder feedback, and new channels of insight, to help the marketing team develop a keen understanding of stakeholder needs on UFV digital properties.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with senior management, other leaders and members of the university, academics, students, as well as the external community and with the digital marketing and marketing and communications professions.
- Provide digital marketing and communications consultation and leadership to areas across the university, helping to develop customized digital marketing-communications initiatives.
- Develop a highly functioning and professional web team, reviewing the staff complement, recommending new positions, as well as mentoring and developing current team members.
- Lead projects involving the assessment, selection, and deployment of new web and marcom technologies.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Information Systems, Web Design, Digital/Internet Marketing or a related field, and 7 years related experience. An equivalent combination of education, and experience, including managerial experience and training may be acceptable.
- Demonstrated experience managing enterprise websites.
- Experience leading content management system and governance projects, using standard practices in budgeting, stakeholder consultation, change management, and project management.
- Extensive experience with web content management systems, including user and role definition, workflow, layouts or themes, and administration.
- Proven experience in website design, architecture development, Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Google Webmaster Tools, SEO, digital advertising mediums and the effective planning of campaigns and tools in a business environment.
- Demonstrated ability to cross-departmental project teams who represent a diversity of interests and styles.
- Ability to lead, coach and direct staff in continuous improvement of UFV’s digital environment.
- Systems thinking and problem-solving: ability to understand complex systems and find elegant solutions to stubborn problems.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a broad spectrum of university stakeholders.
- Ability to work effectively within a highly collaborative team.
- Ability to develop a community of web practice from both a business and content strategy perspective.
- Knowledge of web usability design and information architecture principles.
- Excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills for different types of media (print and electronic) with an eye for detail, design, content and brand.
The University of the Fraser Valley is located on the unceded (ancestral) territory of the Halq'eméylem-speaking peoples. We express our gratitude and respect for the honour of living and working in S’olh Temexw (Our World; Our Land). In all that we do, UFV strives to support and honour the Stó:lo peoples goals of self-determination and well-being on these lands. A commitment to Indigenization and Reconciliation is core to our institutional Vision and our Education Plan. This commitment includes the goal of centring Indigenous ways of knowing throughout our organization, recognizing our responsibilities to community, and a multi-year plan to increase the number of Indigenous faculty, staff, and administrators working at UFV.
UFV has four campus locations within the beautiful Fraser Valley in British Columbia. Recognized as one of BC's top employers, UFV offers a combination of career and lifestyle benefits. Join a team of 1,400 passionate professionals who value integrity, inclusivity and excellence. At UFV, you will serve a vibrant community, and shape the future of 15,000 students.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. In an effort to be both environmentally and fiscally responsible, UFV will contact only candidates receiving an interview. We thank all applicants for considering UFV for employment. Shortlisted applicants may be required to undergo a criminal record check and/ or a verification of their education credentials.
UFV is committed to the principle of equity in employment.
Perfect your job application with VisualCV so you can get hired faster!