We are creative, strategic, digital thinkers with storytelling in our hearts and results front of mind. We are 100% focused on outdoor sport and tourism, and we develop integrated online and offline experiences for clients that are a veritable who’s who in the industry. If this sounds like you too and you’re ready for an ASSOCIATE CREATIVE DIRECTOR role in an environment that fuels your passion for both creativity and the outdoors, then you’ve found your new home. The ideal candidate will have a strong strategic and creative voice, a collaborative spirit, an inspiring character and deep digital experience as an art director and designer. Responsibilities include ideation and concepting, leading a creative team in the development of fresh, innovative creative solutions to our clients’ business problems and mentoring a team of creatives.
- Vacation: 2 weeks paid per year, plus paid non-stat days between Dec. 25 and Jan. 1
- Recreation: $1000 recreation credit
- Health: Extended medical benefits program
- Training: $1000 per year in self-directed training (symposium, conferences, classes or other)
The Associate Creative Director (ACD) is the leader of Origin’s multidisciplinary creative teams. The ACD is responsible for conceptual development and ideation, creative team oversight, client relations and the execution and quality control of creative deliverables. Responsibilities include the translation of marketing strategies into creative and innovative solutions, receiving client briefs, presenting agency work, and effectively implementing feedback. The ACD is a collaborator, an innovator, a facilitator, a mentor and inspires a team from the excitement of the preliminary big idea through to the challenges of the small details in the final execution. The ACD is a visual communicator with a mastery of language and a digital maven with a desire to stay on the edge of digital and interactive marketing trends.
- Lead a collaborative team of art directors, writers, graphic designers, UX/UI designers, information architects, content strategists, video directors, filters and editors, production specialists, illustrators and photographers.
- Develop creative solutions and innovations that meet our client’s needs and elevate Origin’s profile
- Grow, guide and mentor the creative team both in the context of project work as well as their individual professional development
- Promote a culture of creative quality and accountability and ensure Origin’s creative deliverables meet both our clients’ expectations and our own standards of excellence
- Impart outdoor industry expertise and experience to our team and clients
- Play an active role in strategic account planning with Origin’s strategists and account service team
- Conceive and create experience design solutions that meet client objectives
- Effectively communicate creative concepts and strategies to both clients and our internal team
- Provide project leadership and collaborate with Origin’s multidisciplinary teams including all creative disciplines, technology, strategy, resourcing and account service members
- Manage the member’s of the creative team’s individual performance, skills, training and development
- Develop, implement and monitor quality standards across all creative department deliverables
- Work with Origin’s project teams to define and meet expectations for project scope, deliverables, estimates and project plans
- Identify projects that are not coming together as planned, and determine approach and dictates course correction.
- Understand, embrace, and communicate the Origin Way.
- Highly conceptual team leader who is constructive, fearless, collaborative, smart and committed to a vision while being open to ideas from the team
- Passion for design and a love of language
- A strong collaborative nature with a focus on problem-solving
- Effective and charismatic client communication skills
- Strong design portfolio with 8+ years visual communication, interactive and digital work experience, including art direction experience
- Experience connecting and developing Interactive solutions with demonstrated results
- Experience facilitating strategic and creative brainstorming sessions, creative brief development and directing creative execution.
- Leadership experience in user-centered design, including persona development and usability methodologies.
- Mastery of the client presentation and effective “selling” to clients.
- Ability to work under deadlines, think creatively against budget demands, and stay focused simultaneously on the big picture and the smallest details.
- Deep understanding of interactive environment and a desire to stay abreast of the industry’s newest trends.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Leadership skills with experience directing large and diverse teams.
- Strong organizational abilities, including time and resource management.