We’re seeking an Associate Creative Director to join Context Creative, a design firm committed to excellence.
We are not a traditional design firm, nor an advertising agency. Trusted by clients providing vital public services, we make meaningful connections to solve complex communications and design challenges that affect real people and drive positive change. We’re looking for someone who shares our values, and wants to inspire people to take action on issues that matter.
We’re looking for someone who is curious, never stops learning, is unintimidated by challenges, decomplexifies processes, knows how to work efficiently, always has a POV to share, finds great inspiration in our work, and is positive and upbeat.
We are a company rooted in ideas and design that provides branding, print, interactive, social, motion and more for clients who want to communicate on a level that truly defines and separates them in their industry. The ACD is at the helm of our clients’ success. Intimate with design and its process, passionate about growing clients’ businesses, and experienced enough to know how to get them there through strategic creativity, the ACD will partner with clients to elevate Context Creative as their strategic advisor while nurturing existing relationships and developing new opportunities.
Acting as our ACD you will be the creative lead on all our projects. You will work with our creative team to create, plan and deliver a strategic vision for our clients.
In this role you’ll be involved in planning resources, supervising the entire creative process and guiding the team that works under you. The design team includes integrated designers, copywriters and production staff.
This is a senior role and we’re looking for a creative thinker and proven leader that would be responsible for:
- building an environment for the creative team to work in and overseeing their ideas and projects
- taking responsibility for the creative philosophy and the standard of output across the company
- Fiscally-minded, focusing on value for our clients
- Oversight of design teams profitability and adjusting where necessary for optimization
- Leading the developing of campaign ideas and themes for our clients
- Co-pitching concepts to clients with design team
- overseeing several projects from start to finish, keeping to deadlines, and reviewing work before it is presented
- liaising with PMs/Ops to keep them informed and to highlight any issues
- understanding the commercial aspects of the firm
- Solo execution of design projects (discretionary)
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline;
- 10 years of experience in a top tier design firm;
- Robust and well-rounded portfolio that demonstrates a range of design concepts that include branding/identity, digital and communication design;
- Strong understanding of the creative process;
- Familiar with the production process of all relevant disciplines;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Primary preference will be given to candidates who possess professional knowledge of the Utilities industry with a secondary preference on Banking, Insurance and Healthcare.
Perfect your job application with VisualCV so you can get hired faster!