Assistant Yarn Dye Developer
Salary: $40,000.00 - $50,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Theatre, Fashion, Exhibit and Other Creative Designers (5243)
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1E3 Canada
Assistant Yarn Dye Developer
Salary - $40,000 - $50,000
Founded in 1998 in beautiful Vancouver, BC lululemon athletica creates components to live longer, healthier more fun lives.
a day in the life of a Assistant Yarn Dye Developer
- To develop and commercialize Textile Designs/patterns and Finishes that meet the technical & quality standards across the POD and business that are appropriate to deliver the highest level of guest satisfaction in accordance with lululemon strategy and business goals.
- To maintain current knowledge on vendors and industry developments in technical innovation to set Lululemon apart from its competitors, specifically in yarn dye patterns/techniques in weaving and knitting
- To develop new materials that involve woven, knit or jacquard patterns, and ensureing they pass the stringent Lululemon standards within tight season developments
- To provide expertise for the designers and garment technical teams on new techniques, innovation and on the technical capability of vendors to deliver the products required.
- Maintain all data entry through our Flex PLM system. This involves creating fabric codes, a sample, and then communicating to the mill our requests, as well as tracking all submits.
- Run and analyze bi-weekly seasonal analysis reports on current buy ready status of Yarn Dye Developments
- Reviews layout, color and colorfastness results on all yarn dye submissions
- Work with Design and Development to effectively solve and communicate any development issues
The finer print
• University degree required, preferably in textile design AND 1-3 years of apparel or textile industry experience and a working knowledge of the industry.
- Must Pass with a Superior rating on Munsell 100 Color Test
- Knowledge and understanding of AATTCC testing procedures
- Experience traveling and working with suppliers outside of North America, preferably Asia
- Knowledge of fabrics and the fabric development process and timelines.
- Technical knowledge gained in retail / manufacturing environment covering all areas of textiles from fibres, yarn, material construction, finishes and printing.
- Knowledge of industry testing standards/test reports.
- Knowledge of x-functional team accountabilities and requirements preferred, including design, sourcing, merchandising and quality assurance.
- Strong IT skills (Microsoft office applications and Outlook a must, familiarity with PLM software, Illustrator and CAD systems)
- Knowledge of mill processes/equipment/techniques, etc.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong ability to communicate clearly and objectively.
- Must have ability to multi-task effectively.
- Must be an "outside the box" thinker: Entrepreneurial, innovative and resourceful.