Simon Fraser University is Canada's best comprehensive university with three campuses in Metro Vancouver. Through the strength and commitment of our staff and faculty, SFU is recognized as a top employer in both BC and Canada. We invite applications for the following position:
Administrative and Professional Staff (APSA)
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, DIGITAL, GRADE 10
POSITION NUMBER: 119461
Reporting to the Director, Digital Engagement, the Assistant Director, Digital Communications plans, develops and implements SFU communications strategies and campaigns with a variety of internal groups including SFU faculties, department communicators, the President's office and other key stakeholders. The Assistant Director also implements SFU's digital content strategy and manages key institutional digital channels.
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline and six years of related experience in digital strategy and analytics or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Excellent knowledge of social media, web, analytics, and direct marketing skills.
- Ability to develop, measure and refine multi-media campaigns in support of institutional/organizational priorities.
- Demonstrated understanding of current trends and best practices in communications relevant to complex organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to enhance business processes with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical reasoning, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to exercise mature judgment, initiative and independence in accomplishing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to develop training materials and tools and facilitate presentations.
- Proficient in the use of current communication and digital media applications, systems and tools.
- Ability to arrange suitable travel arrangements to various work locations.
Salary range:* $68,423 to $81,710 per annum*
POSITION END DATE:April 30, 2020