Union/Affiliation: Administrative and Professional Staff (APSA)
# of openings: 1
Biweekly Hours: 72
Pay range: $70,943 To $84,719 Annually
Position Grade: 10
Reporting to the Director, Digital Engagement, the Assistant Director, Digital Communications plans, develops and implements SFU communications strategies and campaigns with a variety of internal groups including SFU faculties, department communicators, the President's office and other key stakeholders. The Assistant Director also implements SFU's digital content strategy and manages key institutional digital channels.
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline and six years of related experience in digital strategy and analytics or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Excellent knowledge of social media, web, analytics, and direct marketing skills.
- Ability to develop, measure and refine multi-media campaigns in support of institutional/organizational priorities.
- Demonstrated understanding of current trends and best practices in communications relevant to complex organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to enhance business processes with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical reasoning, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to exercise mature judgment, initiative and independence in accomplishing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to develop training materials and tools and facilitate presentations.
- Proficient in the use of current communication and digital media applications, systems and tools.
- Ability to arrange suitable travel arrangements to various work locations.