Based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Happy Planet Foods, Inc. is a well known supplier of organic and natural fruit juices, beverages and food products. With respect for quality products, environment, community and healthy work places, Happy Planet is looking for team members that share our vision.
The Assistant Brand Manager provides marketing support for assigned brands and executes strategies developed by the Sales and Marketing Teams. The ABM stays current on industry trends and communicates developments.
- Analyzes consumer understanding of the local target market needs as well as industry trends. Needs to be competent in collecting, analyising and making recommendations from data.
- Strong skills in project management as you will manage the execution of brand building projects, including briefing, timelines and budgets, in order to achieve short and long-term business targets.
- Skills in Social Media and Public relations will be an advantage in this dynamic marketing environment
- Contributes to delivery of brand sales, share and profitability targets.
- Foster relationships and liaises with outside suppliers and agencies.
- Assists with brand plan development, refinement, execution and evaluation.
- Manages and executes assigned marketing programs such as promotions, events, marketing communications, public relations, new product development and launches, marketing research and point of sale material development.
- Works closely with Marketing Manager on strategy development and execution on: brand positioning, communications, pricing, promotions, product development and channel marketing.
- Develops and recommends retail and on-premise sales promotions/selling tools in consultation with the Sales Director and sales team.
- Provides ongoing maintenance and refreshes social media content and dialogue for selected brand sites.
- Carries out other related duties as required.
- Education: Degree in Business with emphasis on marketing
- Experience: At least 2 years in marketing of a consumer brand, preferably in nature foods and/or beverages or related industry.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent customer service skills.
- Must be detail oriented and have good problem solving skills
- Flexible, pro-active attitude.
- Ability to work in a high rate of productivity in a fast paced environment.