Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Report directly to the Senior Brand Manager, Eastern Division
- Works on the following brands – Sleeman, Sapporo, Pabst Blue Ribbon, Old Milwaukee, Unibroue, Okanagan Spring, Maclays and Upper Canada
- Assist with brand plan development, refinement, execution and evaluation
- Works closely with the Senior Brand Manager on strategy development and execution on: brand positioning, communications, pricing, promotions, product development and channel marketing
- Liaise with all internal departments, suppliers and key customers
- On-going monitoring, assembly and reporting of competitive activities and performance
- Ongoing maintenance and refresh of social media content and dialogue for selected brand sites
- Responsible for managing and executing assigned marketing programs such as promotions, events, marketing communications, public relations, new product development and launches, marketing research and point of sale material development.
- Develop and recommend retail and on-premise sales promotions/selling tools in consultation with the Ontario Sales Director, the Commercial Support Manager and sales managers.
- Business analysis and preparation of progress reports and presentations.
- Spends time in-field with our sales representatives across the country.
- Management of marketing expense budgets.
- Special projects as required.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Post secondary education – preferably Commerce (B.Com) or Business (B.BA) or related field
- Minimum 2 (two) years experience in a marketing function capacity
- Experience marketing in a packaged goods environment
- Experience in the beverage alcohol industry
- Demonstrated financial management skills
- Excellent computer skills, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Exceptional multi-tasking ability
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- A combination of superior creative and analytical thinking skills
- Self motivated, with a drive to work in a fast paced, dynamic and ever changing work environment
- Requires the flexibility to work some extended hours and occasionally on weekends if necessary
- Some travel may be required
Sleeman Breweries Ltd. is the leading brewer and distributor of premium beer in Canada and the third largest brewing company in the nation. The Company has supplemented its core Sleeman brands, which are available in every province, with a family of exceptional regional brands. These include Okanagan Spring and Shaftebury in British Columbia and Alberta, Upper Canada in Ontario, Unibroue in Quebec and Ontario, and Maritime Beer in Atlantic Canada. The Company markets and distributes world-class imported products and provides production for Japan's Sapporo products. Today as part of Sapporo Breweries, itself Japan’s oldest brand since 1876, Sleeman continues to build on this enviable reputation by delivering a portfolio of brands that are consistent with the original principles set down by John H. Sleeman over 175 years ago. Sleeman is available in selected U.S. and British markets, and Unibroue is sold in 34 U.S. states and 18 countries.