Resonance shapes the future of places and products with strategy, storytelling and design. Our clients range from cities to wineries to hotels and resorts in places from Hawai‘i to Canada, Ireland, Panama and California.
Our brand building process is designed to help organizations articulate and share a common story for their brand because when people share a story, it gives them shared belief, shared purpose, and shared passion. The curiosity, generosity, emotion and honesty we bring to our craft has always driven the way we communicate a brand’s story, be it on a blog, the web, social media, mobile, magazines, environments or films.
As a member of the Resonance creative team, the Art Director will play a critical role in concepting, creating and supervising brands and advertising campaigns for our clients, making sure all materials are visually engaging and the selling message is clear across a wide variety of media such as websites, magazine and newspaper advertisements, brochures, presentations, direct mail, environmental graphics, merchandise, interactive presentations, and e-newsletters.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Confer with clients to determine objectives, budget, background information, and presentation approaches, styles, and techniques.
- Work with principals to develop concepts and design solutions.
- Formulate layout design or presentation approach and specify material details, such as style and size of type, photographs, graphics, animation, video and sound.
- Direct staff members who develop design concepts into art layouts or who prepare layouts for printing, interactive designs and video productions
- Create custom illustrations or other graphic elements.
- Supervise photo shoots and printing sessions to ensure that the products needed are obtained. Prepare detailed storyboards showing sequence and timing of story development for video production.
- Conceptualize and help design interfaces for multimedia presentations, products and devices.
- Research and share with colleagues new emerging technologies, applications, awesome design and the opportunities to integrate them to our projects.
- 100% solid in your technical understanding of Adobe Creative Suite and Mac OS
- Extensive knowledge in principles of design (i.e. layout, typography, colour, balance, composition, and current design trends)
- Bachelor Degree in Design or other related Communications field
- 5+ years of experience working in agency or in-house environment as a Senior Graphic Designer or Art Director
- Ability to work in a fast paced work environment and under tight deadlines
- Confident in your knowledge of industry standard printing practices
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to provide direction and play a leadership role within a strong team