We are seeking an inspirational Art Director that has a strong background in building worlds. This individual will work collaboratively with our publishing partners to create, establish and deliver our newest project’s visual targets while maintaining the visual integrity, look and feel in all art domains, and ensuring they are delivered to the highest quality.
- Sets the visual direction for content in the game.
- Is responsible for creating visual targets and maintaining the look and feel of all content within the game.
- Maintains the visual integrity throughout the entire project ensuring consistency and highest quality.
- Manages the creation of art developed both internally and by third parties.
- Develops and ensure quality assurance protocols for art work.
- Has advanced understanding of character, prop, world, and animation creation and can demonstrate/direct how these visually serve the gameplay, narrative, design and existing IP of the projects.
- Establishes quality and style expectations from a consumer point of view.
- Proactively ensures the style supports the target demographic and consumer expectations.
- Works closely with marketing; partners with marketing to expand the target demographic through limited driving of market trends.
- Responsible for critiquing content effectively.
- Able to build confidence both within the team and with partners though effective and inspiring communication.
- Able to mentor and grow lead artists.
- Able to sell and communicate ideas outside of the art domain.
- Able to promote and reinforce a healthy culture within the art department.
- Provides direction and influences process with respect to legal aspects of asset creation.
- Solves problems across the product.
- Uses time effectively.
- Communicates in a clear, positive and professional manner with all levels of internal staff (Capcom Vancouver & worldwide) and external partners (outside Capcom).
- Sets the qualitative benchmark for content in the game within a certain area (characters, environments, vehicles etc.)
- Responsible for creating visual benchmarks and driving the quality for an art area across the studio.
- Shares expertise across multiple projects and through external vendors.
- Raises quality and style expectations from a consumer point of view, influencing art content of multiple projects.
- Very knowledgeable of specialized content creation software and visual techniques.
- Able to collaborate with engineers to drive studio quality.
- Clearly understands dependencies between own work and that of others across all areas and disciplines, and adapts work accordingly.
- Able to build confidence both within the team and with partners though execution.
- Able to instruct artists of all levels.
- Able to drive quality through R & D and execution.
- Influences technology development to push the visual quality bar.
- Makes decisions to drive/influence direction of game engine.
- Respected member of the global art community.
- 10 - 15 years of experience
- Ability to own multiple workgroups/game. Handle multiple priorities at this level and set priorities for others.
- Takes active interest in enhancing current skills and learning new ones.
- Regularly innovates craft and process adopted by own game and other games.
- Demonstrates dedication, adaptability & accountability in own work and areas of responsibility.
- Drives collaboration effectively with others in same discipline, across feature groups and cross-discipline on a regular basis; works closely with game & studio exec teams
- Lead multiple game areas/1 game and define deliverables.
- Must be able to mentor leads and groups.
- Member of game leads group, and defines features.
- Act as a role model.