Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America and is Canada's largest new home builder and land developer, with operations across Canada and the United States. From a humble beginning in 1978, starting with the building and sale of a single home, Mattamy has gone on to build more than 65,000 homes in hundreds of communities across North America. In Canada, those communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton, while in the United States, the company is represented in seven metropolitan areas: Minneapolis-St. Paul, Charlotte, Phoenix, Tucson, Jacksonville, Orlando and Tampa-Sarasota. The scope of the company’s operations encompasses land acquisition, community design and development, housing and parkland design, and construction, with particular emphasis on creating communities of enduring value to homeowners.
Mattamy’s Mission is to provide the Best Homeowner Experience
Mattamy’s Core Values are Teamwork, Commitment, and Community
At Mattamy Homes the environment is engaging, exciting, rewarding, friendly and team-oriented. As employees of Mattamy, we truly believe in and are committed to the organization and have a passion for what we do, while continually striving to provide The Best Homeowner Experience.
Mattamy Homes is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any aspects of the selection process, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparation of floorplans for brochure and display layouts for Mattamy sales outlets across North America, as part of a team
- Reviewing and coordinating floorplan updates across multiple formats, including review of content for Mattamy Website and interactive floorplan component (through external agency)
- On-going coordinating and corresponding with ad agency and divisional marketing staff, working together in established processes to meet deadlines for all materials
- Contributing to process improvement, working to streamline process from architectural drawings to print-ready graphics files for sales purposes
- Other graphics, layout, floorplan-related duties as required.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
Education and Experience
- Diploma or degree in Graphic Arts, Architectural Technology or Design preferred
- Ability to read Construction Working drawings an asset
- 1-2 years Architecture, Advertising or Graphics work experience an asset
Skills and Attributes
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat), Microsoft Office Suite, and Mac OS X
- Familiarity with Autocad; reading architectural drawings is an asset
- Understands the image optimization process for web usage
- Understands the artwork production pre-press process for printing, including file preparation, retouching and resizing of artwork
- Understands various file extensions and ability to request file type accurately for required needs
- Understands online file delivery platforms, e.g. Hightail
- Some understanding of backend content management systems an asset
- Knowledge of typography, color, usability, layout, production and other design principles a plus
- Detail oriented with the ability to quickly identify missing or misalignment across multiple files
- Highly organized with the ability to multitask, juggling priorities and addressing multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, under pressure, with tight deadlines
- Ability to be self-directed and work with little supervision
- Excellent teamwork skills and ability to problem solve
- Passionate about home design/homebuilding an asset
Mattamy is proud to provide this unique career opportunity in a progressive environment with continuous learning and opportunity for growth, as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package.
In addition the successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Be a part of a major organization poised for growth, which has a track record of success and strong brand presence.
- Contribute to an award winning and innovative organization, recognized as a leader in the industry.
- Join a team of enthusiastic, passionate and committed employees, seeking challenge…just like you