The best opportunities to let your knowledge, talent and skills flourish.
Our Internal Firm Services:
Our Internal Firms Services are professionals who provide strategic advice to our business leaders. This empowers our business and helps us work collaboratively on strategies, solutions and programs that support the firm.
The Opportunity: Alberta Communications Specialist – Calgary - Contract
The Communications Specialist will be responsible for both internal and external communications strategies including staff messaging, digital presence, press releases and thought leadership for the Alberta region. Working closely with the Calgary and Edmonton Marketing Managers, the focus of this role will be to provide day-to-day writing support and coordination to effectively deliver communications from our Alberta leadership team.
Reporting to the Manager, Marketing & Communications, the Alberta Communications Specialist will provide the following services:
- Develop and implement communications strategies including internal, digital and PR plans for Alberta
- Maintain and execute an editorial content calendar for all communications activity
- Write, edit and publish communications on our internal portal including building and maintaining the content calendar
- Write, edit and publish press releases and build relationships with media
- Identify opportunities for PwC in the market for advertising and promotion
- Write and edit various copy projects including speech notes and advertisements
- Develop and implement project based communications plans
- Track metrics for all strategies and plans
- Ensure the consistent application of the communications framework
- Proactively research and learn about the market and business community in Calgary and Edmonton.
- This person will have experience dealing with senior decision makers and have business to business communications experience.
- The position will suit a high-energy, flexible, detail-oriented self-starter who can work well within a team and excel in a fast-paced, corporate environment, while still effectively managing multiple priorities to deadline.
- The candidate will have exceptional writing skills and have experience in client needs analysis and project schedule development.
- This person will be privy to confidential matters and must maintain a high degree of sensitivity and confidentiality in the handling of any firm or client material or information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills;
- Strong research skills;
- Experience in meeting with senior staff, assessing their needs and delivering service;
- Ability to make decisions under minimal supervision;
- Strong project management skills;
- Excellent organization skills;
- High level of attention to detail;
- Excellent problem solving skills;
- Ability to execute under tight timelines, pressure and competing priorities;
- Experience in analyzing and meeting client needs and client service;
- An ability to develop communications products based on direction from marketing managers or client-facing senior staff;
- Experience with social media and other digital platforms;
- Basic knowledge of graphic design and print production processes is an asset;
- Skillset to work with online applications including html;
- Minimum qualifications for this position include completion of a post-secondary degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, or Public Relations;
- Minimum three years of related experience;
- Experience with Lotus Notes is considered an asset;
This role requires the flexibility of a varied work schedule and will require some overtime at peak periods.
Why Work for PwC
We look for diversity of thought and encourage our people to reach out and make a difference for their colleagues, clients and communities. We welcome people from a variety of educational and professional backgrounds, and believe that different perspectives help us solve challenges with innovation, cooperation, and creativity.