You are a person who at your core, loves to be of service to others and enjoys taking the initiative to figure out what the best move is for the business and for the customer in a high-pressure, detail-oriented environment. While customer service has always been a role that comes easy to you, Affiliate Account Management has also been on your radar either through your passion for everything e-commerce, schooling and/or through work experience.
The thought of diving into the busiest shopping season of the year into one of the biggest shopping resource sites in the USA, www.blackfriday.com is your idea of a thrilling work experience. Working with the biggest retailers on their Black Friday campaigns, helping to send emails to over one million vetted blackfriday.com fans, taking care of the smaller but no less important retailers, switching gears and focus constantly with the push and pull of the holiday season market, dealing with 20 things thrown at you at once, and maximizing your time in moments of pause, is a dream gig for you.
This role is a contract position from August 31, 2015 to November 27, 2015. The role will focus more on Affiliate Account Management at the beginning, and then shift into more Customer Service and Data Entry at the later part of the contract. Contract extensions might be possible depending on the market.
As the role moves into Customer Service emphasis, the shifts will change to shifts that start in the afternoon-evening.
Responsibilities - Affiliate Account Management
- Manage advertisers who have paid for placements and new advertisers who come on board.
- Negotiate placement fees through email and phone
- Draft placement agreements based off IO templates
- Work with advertisers to get their store description, logos, deal products and other materials.
- Coordinate with internal tech, design, CS and business teams to bring the campaigns to fruition.
- Post deals and offers, update SKUs as needed, obtain and replicate store flyers on the site and create stores with store descriptions on Blackfriday.com
Responsibilities - Customer Service and Data Entry
- Enter sale information for various merchants into our Content Management System (CMS).
- Search product information on the Internet.
- Upload the latest ad scans and promotion flyers.
- Monitor email inboxes and forward emails to the correct stakeholder.
- Proof read all data entry and rectify any discrepancies.
- Manage incoming contacts from vendors and/or end users and provide an exceptional experience and support to all users in an open concept customer service centre environment (email CS predominantly with little to no phone CS).
In addition to what is mentioned above, you need to have:
- Minimum 50 WPM with a high degree of alpha and numeric accuracy.
- 1+ years customer service experience with a great track record and a positive, energetic personality
- Proficiency with MS Office suite and extensive experience using the Internet.
- Strong communication skills especially internally with team leads and colleagues (e.g.. keeping staff up to date on your priorities, current tasks and work completed).
- Ability to operate with minimal supervision and with direction from multiple leads.
- Ability to maintain a sense of urgency and adaptability, working fast and accurately in a fun environment that is under pressure, and deadline-driven.
- Flexibility to work evenings, week-ends and in some cases, overnights; overtime may be required
- Bonus points for retail experience, especially in the sale of electronics.
- A passion for online shopping is a desirable.
- You live in commutable distance to our Yaletown office as this position is based on-site.
- What is the application process?