Advertising Coordinator full-time
Location: Markham, ON
Company Name: Golf Town (http://www.joingolftown.com)
Our grass is greener.......
We are hiring an Advertising Coordinator to work out of our Store Support Centre in Markham. Under direction of Marketing Communication Manager, this position is responsible for coordinating the day-to-day activities necessary to execute the advertising and media plan. This position collaborates closely with the Digital Marketing Coordinator as well as internal stakeholders, agencies and vendors.
Types of projects you will be involved in include…
- Responsible for the coordination of the creative production process and tactical execution for all traditional advertising vehicles i.e. (but not limited to) Newspaper Ads, Flyers, TV, Radio, Online ads (working with Marketing Communications Manager, Agencies, graphic designer, internal stakeholders and cross-functional teams.
- Manages product listings for advertising materials and manages day-to-day development of advertising materials in accordance with the media plan.
- Assists with development of creative briefs.
- Proof reads, outlines required annotations and edits to the advertising materials working with internal and external creative sources to ensure that those are completed on time, on budget and to brand standard
- Traffic the appropriate approval process to ensure key details are not overlooked and submitted to media outlets on time in accordance to media plan.
- Coordinates promotions and contests in conjunction with key stakeholders and cross-functional teams.
- Works with internal teams to ensure that assets required for marketing programs are in place (product for photo shoot requirements, sourcing copy, etc.).
- Develops and maintains an up to date SKU library for design and marketing teams to reference for ongoing collateral needs.
- Coordinates the photo-shoot requirements with the merchants and external agencies as required.
- Maintains advertising filing system. (i.e. ad book, etc.)
- Assists in tracking invoicing for budgeting purposes.
- Assists in preparation of reports on the status of advertising and media plan.
- Assists in monitoring and reporting on competitor activities.
- Assist with customer inquires as needed via web, email, social media and phone.
Competencies, Technical Skills and Experience required for this position:
- Post secondary diploma/degree in Business, Marketing, or equivalent preferably with sports background
- 2 to 3 years progressive marketing experience in a multi-site retail organization. Experience in advertising, promotional products industry an asset.
- Able to articulate needs and clearly communicate expectations between stakeholders and vendors.
- Success in this role will be dependent on the incumbent’s ability to develop cross functional relationships and foster strategic partnerships with both internal and external contacts.
- Able to effectively manage tight deadlines within conflicting priorities.
- A detailed and organized person with strong project management skills who has demonstrated ability to balance hands-on execution with organizing and monitoring projects.
- Experienced influencing and working with creative and production resources for print media, digital media and broadcast media.
- Team player with Adaptability / Flexibility qualities.
- Knowledge of brand identity, advertising and marketing strategy and regulations an asset.
- Sound creative skills and knowledge of various media production.
- Bilingual (French and English) is a strong preference.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint at the intermediate level.
Passion for golf…well…you enjoy playing golf but don’t have to be a scratch player! We consider ourselves to be retailers in golf – not golfers in retail.
This job has expired or been closed by the employer, please visit our home page