Are you an Account Supervisor looking to grow your career at a leading retail marketing and communications agency in Western Canada? Are you energetic, creative and excited by new challenges? Do you love fashion, marketing to women and innovation in communications, particularly when it comes to integrating offline and online communications? Are you an outstanding project manager, able to manage many projects, details, timelines and budgets with extraordinary grace? Yes? Read on--this could be an ideal opportunity for you!
- Supervise the management and execution of client projects in all disciplines including branding, research, advertising, media, public relations,
digital, social media, sales promotions, and direct marketing.
- Help define resource requirements and assist in managing internal and external resources to achieve client and agency goals. This includes
management of traffic, production, and creative teams to meet deadlines and deliver effective work on time and on budget.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of clients’ industries, current and future objectives, audience characteristics, and sales
- Assist in preparation of client invoices, estimates, briefs, timelines, and recommendations.
- Maintain files on all client projects.
- Supervise an Account Coordinator to ensure timely delivery of high quality work and projects.
Degree or certificate in business, marketing, or communications, plus 5+ years agency or related experience.
Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
Intermediate knowledge of Internet technology.
Strong knowledge of and use of social media technologies including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Pinterest.
Exceptional written and verbal communications abilities.
Strong interest in fashion, retail, and communications that target women.
Extremely organized, detail and timeline oriented; ability to juggle and manage many projects at one time.
Exceptional proofreading skills.
Positive, upbeat perspective on work and life – your glass is half full, not half empty.
Self-starter, able to work well independently with minimal supervision AND as part of a team.
Effective working in a smaller company setting that includes mostly senior staff.
Able to work quickly and manage multiple projects with tight timelines – working well under pressure is critical.
Solution-oriented, a person who “finds a way.”
The position is based in beautiful Victoria, BC. Salary is commensurate with skills and experience; competitive benefits provided.
Suburbia is a nationally recognized marketing and communications group with a specialty in working with shopping centres and retailers. For the past two decades, Suburbia has consulted with dozens of leading shopping centres in the areas of marketing strategy, positioning, brand strategy, leasing, redevelopment, and communications execution across a wide range of channels. Suburbia’s work is inspired by research, trends, experience and creativity and has been recognized repeatedly at industry award shows.