Title: Account Specialist
End Date: March 27, 2015
The Fastenal Company would like to invite ambitious, hard-working individuals to apply for the position of Full-Time Account Specialist. Applicants should be able to bring new ideas and improvements to business practices; remain fair, respectful and moral in all situations; and work well both independently and as part of a team.
Since 1967 Fastenal has grown from a single store to nearly 2,700 locations, each providing tailored local inventory and personal service for our customers. As we've expanded across the world, we've retained a core belief in people and their ability to accomplish remarkable things- if given the opportunity. From this philosophy stems an entrepreneurial culture that challenges every employee to run their own business, create their own success, and rise up to become company leaders.
As a growth company with a solid financial position, that typically doubles in size every four to five years, we are committed to training, promoting from within, and creating opportunities for our employees. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and are looking to make your mark as part of an elite growth company, you won't find a better fit than Fastenal.
Working as a Full-Time Account Specialist, you must have a strong interest in sales and enjoy working in a fast-paced challenging environment. This is an entry level position that will provide assistance to our customers from our store located at 19020 111th Ave, Edmonton, AB.
The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Working directly with key accounts
- Receiving, inspecting (QC), staging, scanning, packing, quoting, and purchasing product
- Handling the day-to-day needs of the store's key accounts
The skills and qualifications required for this position include:
- Ability to demonstrate Company values of Ambition, Innovation, Integrity, and Teamwork
- The ability to learn and perform multiple tasks in a team environment
- A valid driver's license and the ability to meet our driving record requirements
- Strong organizational skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Customer-service oriented
- Strong computer skills and math aptitude
- Able to lift, slide and lower packages that typically weigh 25lbs-50lbs and may weigh up to 75lbs
- An Associate's Degree in Business or Marketing or equivalent industry experience is preferred but not required. Fastenal Company will provide training for the best-qualified candidate.
- Ability to pass the required drug test (applicable in the US, Puerto Rico, and Guam ONLY).