Closing date for applications: 07 May 2015
Provides technical insurance support and service on client accounts and liaises with brokers, sales teams, markets and clients. Supports the sales team on new and existing clients business opportunities, provides technical support to brokers and directly interacts with clients to answer questions, resolve problems and make required changes to policy coverage where direct sales and broking involvement is not required. Account Representatives do not have assigned books of business or sales/revenue targets.
- Provide support to the client team.
- Review and maintain expiration lists.
- Determine strategy for renewal action plan with client executive and/or broking.
- Obtain renewal information from clients and/or client executive.
- On small and medium accounts:
- create and send submissions to insurers.
- analyze and compare quotes to submission or summary of changes on account.
- present terms to clients.
- obtain orders.
- bind coverage with insurer.
- On large accounts:
- assist broking in creating marketing submissions.
- analyze and compare quotes to submission or summary of changes on account for client executive to present terms to client.
- bind coverage with insurer when order obtain by client executive.
- Prepare and / or request loss reports from insurers, where required.
- Ensure all coverages are bound, invoiced and confirmations sent to clients prior to renewal.
- Prepare and process insurance documents including client presentations, proposals, placement packages, binders, program charts, insurance schedules, statement of values, insurance confirmations, finance contracts, endorsements, loss runs, policies, invoices, transmittal documents and where required pink cards and certificates of insurance or provide direction to processing team on the processing of these documents.
- Review and send final documents to the client by e-mail, mail or fax.
- Report, monitor and follow up on routine outstanding claims to resolution, redirecting complex claims to claims manager, client executive, broking where required.
- Review and sign certificates of insurance.
- Create and follow up on abeyances for outstanding items from clients, underwriters, adjusters, broking, client executives.
- Enter client information in TAM and ensure team correspondence (letters, records of phone conversations, e-mails, etc.) is saved correctly in TAM and/or the shared drive.
- Monitor and follow up on outstanding accounts receivable.
- Perform special projects (photocopying, creating spreadsheets, etc.) for client executive and/or broking as required.
- Back up / assist other team members as required.
- Maintain a technical and service-oriented relationship with clients.
- Ensure professional competence and keep abreast of changes within the industry by attending relevant seminars and reviewing written industry material.
- Provide leadership, mentorship, technical training to staff where required
- Follow JLT policies and procedures, including compliance, privacy and client security procedures, as set out on the Company Intranet and as amended from time to time.
- Other duties as required.
- Insurance designation (CAIB, CIP, FCIP, CRM, etc.) preferred.
- 2 – 5 years experience in the insurance industry.
- Broad general knowledge of all classes of insurance would be beneficial.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Great attention to detail and ability to check for accuracy in documents and contracts.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle multiple files simultaneously.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Valid provincial insurance licence mandatory. Out-of-province licences may also be required.