The Account Manager is responsible for growing profitable sales and ensuring business plan targets are achieved in your accounts through the implementation of effective and efficient sales strategies and tactics. Utilize strategies that increase visibility and strengthen relationships with our customers. Support sales processes, systems and resources in order to maximize profitability.
Sales Activities and Objectives
- Assist Regional Sales/Business Manager in setting regional sales objectives.
- Responsible for meeting established sales, margin, and profit objectives for account base.
- Conduct sales calls to new and existing customers to promote Fuji’s products and services and grow profitable business.
- Investigate and resolve problems concerning pricing, shipping schedules, credit discrepancies etc.
- Respond to customer inquiries, ensuring timely communication of product and technical knowledge.
- Co-ordinate and participate in product demonstrations to ensure customer expectations are effectively managed.
- Liaise with customer support group and customer regarding installation, technical difficulty, service contract etc.
- Prepare and deliver sales presentations, quotations, and proposals to new and existing customers to generate new business.
Planning and Forecasting
- Develop business plan including budget and sales goals for your account base.
- Monitor progress toward goals during the course of the year and make necessary adjustments to reach objectives.
- Maintain sales forecasts and monitor forecasts to actual figures.
- Utilize sales strategies and tactics for products and services offered by Fuji (territory planning, account classification analysis, account penetration analysis).
Implement Sales Processes and Systems
- Follow efficient process flows within Sales organization including:
- quotation process
- customer setup and maintenance
- customer pricing
- product returns
- order status tracking and monitoring
- service contract sales and renewals
- customer profitability analysis
- equipment ordering and pre-installation activities
- annual departmental information technology needs and objectives
- auditing of customer consignment inventory
- Participate in and manage lead-tracking program.
- Maintain sales management system with customer demographic data, program or product interest, required follow-up action, sales activity, and a financial record of the business obtained to ascertain if strategic goals and objectives are being met.
- Manage and measure effectiveness of after-sales support.
- Assist with account receivable collections when required.
Manage Customer Relationship
- Develop in-depth knowledge of industry and customer base.
- Interact regularly with customers to establish a clear understanding of their business needs and to maintain strong relationships.
- Coordinate the resolution of customer issues.
- Manage and report on customer profitability.
- Coordinate and provide leadership on the selling of all Fuji products/services to appropriate customer groups, including negotiating sales to existing and newly identified customers; develop prospective customer lists.
- Relay information on competitor activity received during field sales to appropriate Fuji management in a timely manner.
- Manage customer satisfaction.
- Attend trade fairs and shows, as required.
- In coordination with Marketing and the business plan, implement promotional sales tactics utilizing appropriate mediums.
- Provide feedback on the effectiveness of sales promotions.
- 6-8 years sales experience.
- Commercial print and packaging industry experience required.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills (verbal, written, and presentation) as well as well developed interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented and an effective problem solver.
Education: College Diploma
Career Level: Independent Contributer
Travel: 30 - 40%