Bring your communication skills and relationship building expertise to the position of Account Manager in Vancouver, BC.
As a key member of the Client Relations team, you will promote and provide training and relevant information on mortgage loan insurance products and services, which will see you developing and maintaining effective business relationships with CMHC’s clients and stakeholders (primarily mortgage lenders and brokers, as well as realtors, builders and consumers) within your assigned portfolio.
This full-time permanent position is an exceptional opportunity for an individual with strong marketing and client relationship skills and a flair for delivering effective group presentations and training to achieve his/her professional goals, while creating a sustainable organization that is at the heart of a world leading housing system. Our diverse opportunities and locations across the country enable you to advance and grow your skills and career to match your evolving interests and experience.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES as an Account Manager will involve:
- Developing and maintaining strong ties and long-term relationships with clients and recognizing business opportunities.
- Analyzing and synthesizing a wide variety of information, such as volume reports, client activity profiles and market analysis data, to develop and execute sales strategies to promote CMHC mortgage loan insurance within a diversified portfolio or territory of lender and broker clients.
- Managing the relationship with clients in your portfolio, including business volumes, client activity profile, lender retention, lender usage of CMHC’s emili interface software, and increased visibility through planned client visits, training programs and business development initiatives.
- Delivering presentations and training at client events and participating in training and information activities as part of strategic client support.
- Managing your assigned portfolio, including the budget and other resources, to ensure optimum client service and efficiency.
- Contributing to the business lines overall objectives by effectively utilizing the CRM tool to record and share client activity/information.
- Acting effectively by teaming up with the other members of the client relationship management team.
YOUR PROFILE as an Account Manager includes:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in administration, preferably with a specialization in commerce or marketing, and at least three (3) years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining client relationships.
- Demonstrated experience in communicating information to various audiences.
- Accredited Mortgage Professional (AMP) designation is an asset.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- In-depth knowledge of the mortgage initiation industry, particularly CMHC mortgage loan products and services.
- Ability to build and maintain client relationships and recognize business opportunities.
- Excellent marketing and business development skills, with a flair for delivering effective group presentations and training.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a team to achieve common goals.
- Excellent organization and time management skills enabling the balance of workloads and the prioritization of requests to meet deadlines with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to achieve results, deliver quality work and adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information.
- Excellent interpersonal (tact and diplomacy) skills including the ability to persuade others.
- Self-starter with good organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, Excel).
- Client Focus
- Valuing and Respecting Individuals
- Analytical Thinking
- Communication (Presenting and Influencing)
- Focus on Results
- Maximizing Quality
- Relationship Building
- Ability to manage flexible work hours, including some evenings and weekends.
- A valid driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle for site visits.
- Overnight travel may be required, depending on assigned territory.
Because what I do matters.
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC), a forward-thinking organization offering a range of career possibilities, is a trusted source of objective housing research and advice for governments, consumers and the housing industry across the country. Our mission as Canada's Housing Authority is to help Canadians meet their housing needs. With this goal in mind, we are involved in many key aspects of housing - from contributing to the stability of the housing market and financial system to providing support to Canadians in housing needs.
Both a major financial institution and a federal Crown corporation, we offer the best of both worlds in a stimulating work environment where people are encouraged to help build a better tomorrow. If you want to work alongside other respected professionals to make a real difference, and to be able to say with conviction "what I do matters", make CMHC your career choice.
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest.
Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance.
In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
The deadline for submitting your application is 11:59 p.m. PST on March 6, 2015.
Job Field: Business Development/Sales
Organization: Insurance Client Relationship Management
Eligibility for Overtime Compensation: Yes
Eligibility: Open to casual, contract and regular employees (including probationary employees) and to external recruitment
Language Designation: English Essential
Position Level: 8
Position Status: Permanent full-time
Security Requirement: Reliability Status