As a Account Manager Commercial Banking - Specialized Commercial Deposits and SME Banking, you will be responsible for growing a portfolio of small and medium-sized enterprises. You will use your sales advisory and business development skills to rapidly become a trusted advisor to your clients for their financial projects.
This position reports to a Regional Manager.
In your role, you will be expected to:
- Develop the portfolio assigned to you and increase its profitability by advising your clients in accordance with their needs
- Identify business opportunities in the market, develop SME business clients and participate in the creation of business development strategies and networking activities
- Work with the Portfolio Manager on analyzing credit files, developing financing scenarios and proposing financing solutions
- Negotiate the terms and conditions of client agreements, making sure that they meet profitability criteria
- Apply and ensure the follow-up of recommendations made by various specialists at the Bank and its subsidiaries with a view to developing profitable business relationships
- Take responsibility for your own personal development in terms of improving your competencies and your knowledge of the economic aspects of the SME market
- Manage existing portfolio of deposit clients, with focus on law firms, real estate managers
- Develop business opportunities for specialized commercial deposits and identify new clients who hold large deposit balances
- Based on your academic background, at least 4 to 6 years' experience in sales and business development:
- University certificate and 6 years' experience
- Bachelor's degree and 4 years' experience
- Master's degree and 2 years' experience
- Experience in credit
- Experience in financial services, an asset
- Established network of professional contacts among local small and medium-sized enterprises, an asset
- Experience in deposit gathering
- Excellent ability to work in a team environment
- English (spoken and written)
Diversity is an integral part of National Bank's values and commitments.
In this document, the masculine gender designates both sexes with no discrimination intended, and is used solely to facilitate reading.
Particular condition (external): Within his function, the candidate will be required to travel to meet clients. Work schedule may require evening and week-end shifts. Please note that the work schedule may vary according to operational needs.
Number of Openings: 1
Job field: Sales and commercial Banking
Unposting Date: May 5, 2015
Job Number: SAL002WX