Laura Ballance Media Group (LBMG), a full service, integrated public relations and advertising agency based in Vancouver, has immediate openings for several key media and public relations positions as we look to grow our multi-faceted team.
Our firm is well known for working with many of Vancouver and Canada’s most dynamic events, and organizations - including the Forest Products Association of Canada; the Pacific National Exhibition; the Squamish Valley Music Festival; Vancouver International Airport Authority; Disney On Ice; and Community Futures, among others.
Reporting to the Vice President of Communications and Corporate Relations, the PR Account Manager positions will be filled by qualified individuals who must have the ability to manage multiple client files and deliverables in a dynamic, ever-changing environment.
No two days are the same at LBMG – our staff do not work a standard 9-5 work week – so flexibility is a must, as is the ability to travel both in Canada and the US as well as to local client sites and offices.
- Act as Public Relations Account Manager on a variety of projects, liaising directly with clients with the support of senior management team
- Manage Account Coordinators working on client files
- Create strategic communications plans – and lead from concept through execution
- Understand, build and maintain an appropriate network with local, national and international media, both traditional and emerging
- Liaise with journalists, organize interviews on behalf of clients, facilitate client interviews and story placement
- Provide strategic communications advice to a wide variety of corporate clients
- Plan and execute media events including news conferences and media tours
- Prepare press releases and and issue them to appropriate media
- Write brochures, newsletters, annual reports, fact sheets and other promotional materials
- Degree, Certificate or Diploma in Communications/Public Relations or Journalism
- Minimum 5 years job-related experience in communications field
- Demonstrated experience using applicable software programs including Mac OS platform, Internet, database, Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Demonstrated experience with social media tools and strategies
- Strong planning, project management, research and technical skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to work independently
- Excellent writing ability
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines when faced with multiple requests for action from a variety of sources
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Minimum class 5 driver’s license and access to vehicle for travel to client sites/offices
This is a salaried full-time position, two weeks vacation and benefits. LBMG will provide the successful candidate with a company cell phone and laptop in order to complete work tasks.