Who We Are
In the North America, Philips is headquartered in Andover, Massachusetts in the U.S. and Markham, Ontario in Canada. The North America Philips companies are affiliates of the Netherlands-based Royal Philips N.V., a diversified health and well-being company, focused on improving people’s lives through meaningful innovations. Our long history in North America began in 1933, and today, it is the company’s largest single market in the world, with approximately 22,000 employees and operations at 55 major facilities in 25 states and across 3 Canadian provinces.
What We Do
Philips is a diversified technology company, focused on improving people’s lives through meaningful innovation in the areas of Healthcare, Consumer Lifestyle and Lighting. Innovation has been a cornerstone of the company’s strategy for over 120 years, creating a strong and trusted Philips brand with market access all over the world. Philips is a leader in cardiac care, acute care and home healthcare, energy efficient lighting solutions and new lighting applications, as well as male shaving/grooming and oral healthcare.
Our goal is to improve the lives of three billion people a year by 2025
Philips Healthcare, with its global headquarters in Andover, Massachusetts, employs approximately 15,000 people in North America (37,000 worldwide) and is among the leading healthcare companies in the world. We offer a comprehensive portfolio of solutions from the hospital to the home, spanning every stage of the patient journey across the entire continuum of care – from prevention and diagnosis, through treatment, recovery and wellness. Working together with our customers, we develop meaningful innovations to improve care, provide better value, and set higher standards for health. We look beyond the technology to the experiences of patients, clinicians and caregivers – and unlock insights across the patient journey.
Driven by four business groups, Patient Care & Monitoring Services; Imaging Systems; Ultrasound; and Healthcare Informatics Solutions and Services, Philips Healthcare offers more than 450+ products and services in over 100 countries. One out of every two patient monitors in US hospitals comes from Philips; more than one million of our Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) help save lives in schools, airports and shopping malls worldwide and more than four million people worldwide sleep and breathe easier using Philips Respironics sleep solutions.
We challenge you to join Philips as an Account Manager, Imaging Systems for Alberta to act as the key interface between Philips and its customers. You will represent Philips and its products to the customer while consulting to provide total solutions to their needs.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with the customer at all levels in the buying organization and the Philips team.
- Focuses on basic customer needs
- Once an order is closed, continues communication with the customer to insure high customer satisfaction while addressing any concerns.
- Establishes a rapport with all stakeholders (CEO, CFO, & COO) at prospective and existing customers.
- Effectively leverages cross-functional and multi-modality Philips team by leading the team to meet the customer needs.
- Understands customer requirements and provides solutions in a consultancy way while meeting their needs.
- Interfaces with Service to help ensure high customer satisfaction including appropriate involvement with equipment turnover. Be on-hand the first day of turnover.
- Assesses the customers’ business model, analyzes their strengths and weaknesses and identifies issues.
- Knows the customers’ vision, values, roadmap, business plan and budget for their entire facility, which includes all clinical departments.
- Creates solutions meeting customer requirements involving the entire Philips team.
- Develops and owns strategies for customers within assigned territory that will achieve business growth targets.
- Works with regional sales manager to develop overall territory sales plan accurately forecasting possible deals for the year and insure order volume and revenue targets are met.
- Ensures order processing, architectural service, construction, and shipment schedules to equipment installation are orderly and timely by communicating with logistics and project managers. Have a solid understanding of the requirements for room plans and layout for installation.
- Solutions provided would be part of the Total Philips story with value added bundled products (multi-modalities), service, financing.
- Ensures solutions will demonstrate results of the company’s key metrics (financial, market share, efficiency, effectiveness, etc).
- Negotiates solutions and closes deals by reaching agreements with mutual satisfaction to Customers and Philips and emphasizes total value of the Philips story.
- Maintains constant communication with all internal and external parties during the progression of the deal. Prepares for several negotiation scenarios. Obtains clean orders at the best possible price.
- Successfully sells into competitive accounts and grows market share within assigned territory
- Minimum of 3 years of industry or sales experience involving complex bundled deals
- Consistent and successful sales track record & results: over quota performance, forecast accuracy, balanced portfolio, and competitive wins.
- Above average performance reviews
- Demonstrated Philips Values: Delight customers, Deliver on commitments, Develop people and Depend on each other
- Demonstrates superior industry knowledge on market trends, products and current Philips product portfolios and uses this knowledge to his/her advantage.
- BS/BA in Business, Engineering, Associates, RT certification or equivalent experience
- Displays basic industry knowledge – clinical or technical
- Ability to effectively manage assigned territory
- Medical capital equipment sales experience
- Work experience in the Healthcare field
- Technical/clinical experience
Here at Philips WE ARE Working Together for a Better Tomorrow:
Philips' dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people. Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day.
Enjoy endless opportunities to learn, and develop your career in the directions to which you aspire. Philips Healthcare is a place where you will work with others whose far-reaching ideas and accomplishments have impacted over 200 million lives already. Please help us determine what’s next. Your ideas and ability to deliver will help to transform the future of healthcare, and allow you to create your own legacy.
Thanks to our employees, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry. Healthcare providers, backed by our many market leading solutions, are able to diagnose confidently, improve care, and increase the quality of life for patients across North America each and every day.
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, health & well-being and continuous learning. Making a difference begins right here, where you come first.
Philips is an Equal Opportunity Employer