At STERIS, WE HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND
SAFER WORLD by providing innovative healthcare and
life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Our mission is a strong statement of who we are and what we do –
JOIN us in our efforts as a
Hybrid Surgical / IPT Account Manager
Achieving Financial Objectives/Franchise Management
- Consistently submits complete and accurate forecasts for Capital Revenue and ML Units by products within required time frames.
- Effectively manages and utilizes company provided sales resources to maximize sales outcomes while providing best solutions to customers e.g. EEP Inventory Management, Mock Room Equipment, SSI Inventory, E-Quote, Informatica
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of Informatica Reports and Analysis Programs and consistently utilizes to improve and develop own franchise.
- Prepares a comprehensive annual business plan designed to grow franchise and achieve required sales objectives, works diligently to achieve stated goals effectively managing obstacles and continually updates plan as appropriate.
- Obtain highest margin and revenue sales goals by providing solution based opportunities for the customer.
- Communication and Cross Functional Relationships
- Demonstrates excellent command of proper grammar and diction when addressing customers and peers individually and while presenting to larger groups.
- Quickly and effectively establishes rapport with customers and peers alike resulting in solid long term relationships
- Possesses excellent listening skills and consistently demonstrates by effectively, paraphrasing what was articulated.
- Effectively adjusts personal presentation and overall interaction style to readily conform to audience.
- Constantly shares useful information with others for the overall good of the team and organization.
- Observes and reports competitor activity and tactics to management and marketing personnel.
- Identifies and recognizes key new business opportunities and trends to appropriate personnel.
- Effectively utilizes key team members and support resources in territory.
- Develop relationships with customers in OR, ICU (all Critical care), ED, MM, Biomed, Architects, Equipment Planners, Surgeons/Physicians and the CEOs, COOs, CNOs and CFOs.
- Negotiate customer agreements while leveraging the complete product offering from STERIS working closely with our sales counterparts & National/ Corporate Account Teams.
- Establish and maintain ongoing relationships and communications with counterparts in Sterile Processing, Technical Services, PDM’s, Natl./Corp Account Field representatives and Home Office Support.
Take Care Of Customer Needs
- Effectively balances priorities so as to manage current customer needs and issues to satisfactory resolution while reserving adequate time to prospect new business opportunities.
- Understands and frequently demonstrates customer problems are often hidden opportunities by remaining positive and embracing the situation head on.
- Always responds quickly, professionally and positively to customer calls, inquiries and requests.
- Effectively utilizes all available resources when seeking solutions for customer and corporate issues.
- Successfully uncovers potential prospecting leads from existing customers and acts on them quickly.
- Provides product demonstrations, presentations and in-servicing, and technical information, based upon customer needs.
- Establishes cost effective and value benefit analysis to assist customer in product justification.
- Utilize value added services in the selling process to differentiate STERIS from its competitors. This includes: Utilization of EMS Builder & VR presentations., equipment audits, customer showroom visits & EEP program utilization
- Ensure a thorough knowledge of GPO contracts and their application to individual accounts.
- Manage the after sale process, including post order submittal sign off & in-servicing to ensure customers have thorough knowledge of the safe use of the equipment.
Technical & Clinical Knowledge and Application
- Possesses a strong working knowledge of STERIS products and services and how to properly position them as viable customer solutions.
- Consistently studies and shares with peer’s competitive information gleaned from a variety of sources e.g. web searches, professional periodicals, customer newsletters, customer interactions, professional organizations.
- Regularly interfaces with both STERIS and other pertinent business partners to enhance overall knowledge of market, products and services.
- Understands and effectively presents technical literature and information of all products when needed.
- Actively participate in local Chapters AORN, AACN/NTI, & continue relationships at Regional level Buying Groups.
Territory Planning and Management
- Takes a pro-active approach by using all available resources to develop and implement short and long term strategic Territory Business Plans.
- Thoroughly understands territory geography and develops a comprehensive plan designed to maximize customer prospecting time, allow for adequate management of current customer coverage while minimizing travel and wasted down time.
- Keep current on all opportunities. Utilize X to Y training to better understand customer needs resulting in effective time & territory management.
- Organize and run successful trials within the territory while adhering to the EEP Program Procedures. Manage mock room trials where required.
- Submit monthly report including win/loss information & monthly metrics.
Personal Growth and Development
- Sets personal development goals each year and consistently strives achieves them. (e.g. Takes public speaking course, listens to motivational material while driving to appointments, and furthers education at an institute of higher learning.)
- Participates as an active member of customer professional organizations in meetings and conferences as an educator and or exhibitor.
- Takes an active role in company provided educational venues to include but not limited to: Annual, Zone and Region meetings, web casts, educational call ins.
- Remains current and organized with respect to company provided business documents, sales, technical, marketing and information.
- Actively pursue and acquire knowledge, new trends and governmental/environmental changes that impact our industry and business.
- Three (3) to Five (5) years successful sales experience, which includes a minimum of two (2+) years successful B2B or Medical Device or Medical Consumables sales experience.
- BA/BS Degree required (Business or Marketing preferred)
- Two (2+) years successful Capital Medical Sales.
- Two (2+) years successful Operating Room or Critical Care Experience.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Professional Skill Requirements:
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written)
- Executive presence and excellent presentation skills
- Customer Focus:
- Dedicated to meeting expectations and requirements for our customers
- Obtains first-hand customer information and uses it to improve the needs of the customer
- Provides appropriate solutions based on customer needs
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers
- Gains customer trust and respect
- Adheres to effective set of core values and beliefs, during good and bad times
- Practices what he/she preaches; “walks the talk”
- Viewed as direct and truthful
- Maintains confidences
- Doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain
- Drives For Results:
- Action oriented
- Demonstrates a high sense of urgency
- Consistently one of the top performers
- Bottom-line oriented
- Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish
- Self Development:
- Committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/herself
- Understands that different situations and levels may call for different skills and approaches
- Works to deploy strengths
- Works on compensating for weaknesses and limits
- Strong self awareness
- Selling Skills:
- Continuously explores customer needs and effectively utilizes concepts from the “X-Y” program
- Develops/implements effective presentation skills
- Uses active listening skills
- Negotiates with STERIS and customer in mind
- Seeks appropriate business solutions through effective questioning skills
- Technical Application:
- Knows and understands our product and customer needs
- Keeps current on industry, company, product and technical knowledge
- Keeps current with competition’s strategies, product and pricing
- Shares knowledge with team and other business groups
- Keeps management up-to-date on local trends and issues that affect our industry
- Business Acumen:
- Understands customer’s processes, functions and roles to provide total solution to meet the customers’ needs
- Manages own territory as a franchise
- Understands and manages own forecast ensuring timely and accurate information
- Understands when to conduct trials and when appropriate, effectively implements trials
- Knows the competition and keeps current with trends and information affecting his/her business
- Time Management:
- Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently and ensures all deadlines are met
- Concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities segmenting accounts based on potential opportunities
- Gets more done in less time than others
- Can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal, eliminating roadblocks and creating focus
- Quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside
- Adaptability to Change:
- Can effectively cope with change
- Open to new challenges, ideas and demands
- Can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
- Develops business relationships easily with internal and external customers in an ever changing, fast paced environment
- Can shift gears comfortably
- Interpersonal Savvy:
- Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down and sideways, inside and outside of the organization
- Builds appropriate rapport
- Builds constructive and effective relationships
- Uses diplomacy and tact
- Can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably
- Command Skills:
- Relishes leading – energized by tough challenges
- Takes unpopular stands if necessary
- Encourages direct and tough debate, but isn’t afraid to end it and move on
- Recommends solutions and ideas when confronted with a challenging situation
- Faces adversity head on
• Must be able to lift up to 50lbs (some duties of this position require the employee to transport, uncrate, set up, adjust, etc.
Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Travel: 40 - 60%
Shift Type: First Shift