Tervita is a leading environmental solutions provider. Our integrated earth, water, waste and resource solutions deliver safe and efficient results through all phases of a project by minimizing impact, maximizing returns.™ More than 2000 dedicated employees are trusted sustainability partners to oil and gas, construction, mining, government and communities. Safety is our highest priority: it influences our actions and shapes our culture.
The Account Manager role is based out of our head office in Calgary, AB and is an integral part of the Sales and Strategic Account Management team within Tervita Corporation. The Account Manager will provide assigned accounts with a single point of contact for all of the Tervita service offerings and on the largest Strategic Accounts will be the functional expert. The Account Manager will coordinate through the Strategic Account Director the sales efforts of all sales people (city and field) calling on the account. The Account Manager will also work to develop and win opportunities for other Tervita business units from the basket of assigned accounts they manage. The incumbent will utilize consultative selling methodologies to develop relationships with senior operation managers and executives within targeted accounts to drive the growth of our business. The Account Manager will target larger, more complex, opportunities to achieve this growth.
The Account Manager will be responsible for developing a portfolio of key customer relationships, and for all aspects of customer relationship, including business development, service/solutions delivery and customer satisfaction. Primary accountabilities include:
- Through direct involvement with identifying key growth opportunities, development of tender strategies and contract negotiations, this position will be responsible for the growth in Tervita account business and profitable market share expansion.
- Effective use and management of all sales tools – Sales Force, pricing tools, quality proposals, quarterly client reports, etc.
- Maintain open communications with assigned account’s upper management to ensure they fully understand Tervita capabilities, performance and commitment.
- Clearly demonstrate to the customer Tervita's culture of performance, business integrity, and commitment to safety while actively promoting the Tervita brand.
- Gain a strong understanding of account’s strategic objectives and proactively communicate this to the Tervita Strategic Account Management and business development teams, as well as senior and line management in the Business Units and Geomarket.
- Maintain a formal account strategy and a portfolio of key business growth opportunities utilizing all available resources.
- As a leader and highly skilled experienced member of the Tervita organization, the Account Manager will coach fellow Tervita employees to increase sales culture awareness within the company.
- Establish and maintain communications within Tervita Strategic Account Teams as well as the Geomarket and Business Units to leverage off common opportunities, experience and best practices.
- Bachelor Degree in business/technical area or the equivalent of level of experience and training in operations and sales.
- Minimum five years of technical or oilfield services sales experience combined with large account management experience.
- Knowledge and experience with consultative selling techniques.
- Strong initiative and the ability to tackle a new territory with little or no existing pipeline (“sales hunter”).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including exceptional presentation and negotiating skills.
- Strong working knowledge of computer programs such as but not limited to MS Office; SalesForce.com
- Proven sales track record.
- Limited travel will be required
Tervita Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or Provincial law or local ordinance.
Applicants who are extended an employment offer will be required to complete a pre-employment check. All employment offers are contingent upon the successful completion of this pre-employment process.