Account Manager full-time
Are you a professional looking to move to a dynamic company in the fast paced world of marketing and advertising? If so, William Joseph Communications has an opportunity in its Calgary office and wants to hear from you.
William Joseph Communications is a growing, integrated marketing and advertising agency with locations in Calgary, Saskatoon and Las Vegas. Our collaborative environment provides the perfect opportunity to contribute to all aspects of B2B and B2C advertising and communications planning and execution.
The Account Manager oversees all aspects of the account using planning, monitoring and controlling processes. The Account Manager is responsible for completion of the project on time, on budget and on spec. To this end, the AM performs a variety of tasks including, but not limited to, coordinating all resources and stakeholders; setting deadlines; assigning responsibilities; and monitoring, summarizing and communicating the progress of the project.
- CLIENT CARE AND SERVICE
- Prepares and provides a project brief to the client to ensure all aspects of a project are clearly documented and confirmed
- Ensures clients understand and sign off on all contracts and amendments before beginning or continuing on a project
- Reviews and oversees the final proofs that are sent out to clients daily and are the last set of eyes on a project before it goes out to printer and client
- Listens to client, and responds to calls and e-mails in a timely manner
- Provides clients up to date information on their projects (i.e. Weekly Account Updates via e-mail, phone calls and meetings)
- Manages the expectations of the client by keeping the project on track; ensures the client understands that delays from their end will affect timelines and final deliverables
- Monitors projects for scope and amends contracts with client written approval
- Periodically follows-up with client to see if any additional services are required; Identifies and recommends additional William Joseph Communications services to enhance projects
- Solicits feedback from client at completion of a project (mini post-mortem to determine how WJ can make their experience even better next time).
- Builds new relationships with senior managers within client organization
- Drafts and manages required proposals and contracts
- Acts as an ambassador for William Joseph Communications attending events and trade shows as required
- DOCKET MANAGEMENT AND BILLING
- Ensures all dockets are opened and filled out correctly
- Updates all docket contracts, pertinent changes and revisions and any other information relevant to the job
- Ensures Proposal and Contract Binders are kept up to date
- Oversees projects to stay on track and on budget, and are completed in a timely manner
- Ensures Clients and Profits information remains current for client account projects, daily status reports, new proposals and creative briefs and dockets are updated
- Ensures all alterations and proofs follow WJ process requirements and that dockets are updated to reflect this
- Ensures all required materials are provided from the client for the development of a project. Ensures all filing processes are followed (i.e. Supplying material to creative)
- Provides clear and concise direction, support and ongoing guidance to members of the project team, ensuring that the client’s objectives, project requirements and deadlines are clearly communicated.
- Writes and prepares project briefs
- Arranges, facilitates and documents meetings between departments and client briefing department heads prior to meeting
- Provides the William Joseph Communications internal team with appropriate insight into client's strategic business initiatives
- Communicates objectives, concerns, and any changes to project status during production meetings.
- Reviews status of all projects with project team on a regular basis
- Provide departments with client feedback at end of projects
- Managing customer expectations
- INTERNAL SUPPORT
- Exemplifies William Joseph Communications experience through day to day actions
- Acts as company advocate and embodies William Joseph Communications values: people, passion, creativity, fun and excellence
- Formats all documents according to William Joseph Communications brand standards
- Demonstrates incredible attention to detail, leaving no stone unturned to ensure that the client receives excellence in service and quality design, remaining within the pre-determined scope and timelines set for a particular project
- Manages multiple projects and maintains tight timelines, often working around strict, and sometimes sudden deadlines
- Demonstrates creative, dynamic, flexible approaches to problems and resolves issues in timely and professional manner
- Supports other team members in a fast-paced, controlled chaotic environment, often working long hours and occasionally evenings or weekends to meet deadlines.
- Logs all hours on weekly time sheet
- Observe and respect all William Joseph Communications processes in place; working with other project managers and department heads to improve and streamline processes wherever possible
- Strives to meet William Joseph Communications Core Competencies
- Other duties as required by William Joseph Communications
- Cheerful and professional
- Good sense of humor
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Creative and imaginative in day to day work
- Excellence in written and oral communication including outstanding presentation skills
- Excellence in interpersonal skills, especially in situations involving consensus and team building with strong problem solving skills related to program and account management
- Relationship management skills; demonstrated skills in negotiation and leadership
- Works well independently and as a team; motivated self-starter able to work in a client focused environment
- Possesses passion for your job, professionalism in your role and a drive to excel
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in marketing, communications and advertising.
- Five years’ account management experience with supervision
- Agency experience required
William Joseph Communications is a full-service marketing and communications firm, headquartered in Calgary, with locations in Saskatoon and Las Vegas. We have delivered integrated marketing plans with demonstrable ROI for over 8 years. Our current team of 13 full-time, senior staff has experience working with clients representing Canada’s leading business sectors.