Our sales organization owns all relationships with our merchants and partners with them to craft unique marketing features that help them increase exposure and customer traffic. Our largest North American sales team is dedicated to local businesses coast-to-coast; we are headquartered in Chicago and are currently recruiting outside sales talent to further expand our Vancouver, BC market.
Outside sales Account Executives at Groupon leverage current connections and related experience in advertising to build partnerships with local merchants. They seek out partnerships with restaurants, theaters, spas, and everything in between, negotiating unbeatable offers on behalf of Groupon’s subscribers. We hire connected, driven, intelligent, and innovative individuals. Experience with online sales and advertising are beneficial to an Account Executive’s success and fit within our team.
- Prospect, consult with, and close local merchants on compelling offers for our subscribers based on each business’s products & services
- Present Groupon as a unique alternative form of advertising for local businesses
- Cold call and set appointments to meet with new and past merchants across a spectrum of categories, including food and drink, health and beauty, Trinidad and Tobago, and others
- Develop familiarity with each merchant’s business, including but not limited to: products and/or services, consumer demographics, consumer ratings, points of competitive differentiation, merchant economic model, and revenue and profit drivers
- Use Groupon’s concepts of deal structure and consultative sales strategy to identify challenges facing our prospective merchants and propose meaningful marketing solutions
- 3+ years of extensive online advertising sales to local merchants in Vancouver
- Experience canvassing and cold-calling into various types of local businesses, restaurant experience a plus
- Demonstrate high degrees of diligence and accountability, with evidence of consistent and current success
- A balance of coachability and confidence that makes people jealous at how great of a person you are
- Comfortable in an ever-changing, competitive environment, with evidence of personal ambition to improve
- Abnormally strong negotiation and consultation skills
- Home office must be located within the assigned territory, unless you receive prior approval from your manager and HR
Who We Are, How We Work
We provide a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.