ABOUT NORTH STRATEGIC
At North Strategic, we do things a little bit different.
We’re Canada’s fastest-growing, national public relations and social media agency. But we didn’t get there by following the rules or doing things the way they’ve always been done. The reason we win awards and are the agency of record for many of the most recognized and sought-after brands in Canada – including Tim Hortons, Canadian Tire, Samsung, Canada Goose, Sport Chek and many others – is because of our team, and their unmatched track record for creating exciting, disruptive, and market-leading work.
And today’s your lucky day, because we’re growing again.
It took North just five years to grow to three offices across Canada with more than 60 full-time team members specialising in PR, social media, and content creation. Now, we are working with an incredible new client, and we need to expand our team with some creative, entrepreneurial people who want to join our family, contribute to our dynamic culture and help us grow our award-winning agency. This is one of those opportunities that doesn’t come along every day.
This is your chance to join a company on the rise, which was recently named one of Canada’s top workplaces, while working on an exciting and creative brand that touches the lives of millions of Canadians. We’re looking for people who want to do work that gets noticed, that wins awards, and puts the client in the spotlight. At North, we love our clients, and we want to work with someone who knows how to put client service at the centre of everything they do. Our clients deserve the best, and that’s what we’re looking for in you.
We want you to help us build our future. North is the only PR agency to be named to Marketing Magazine’s Top 10 agencies in Canada for three consecutive years, including a Top Three finish in 2015. North was also recognized by the prestigious New York City based Holmes Report as Canada’s PR Agency of the Year in 2016. These achievements are a strong reinforcement of the work we do for our clients, but it is our unwavering commitment to our team – the people who create our award-winning content – that has positioned North as one of the most desired agencies to work for in Canada.
Oh and did we mention? No. Time. Sheets. The North Strategic team is too busy focusing on strategy, pitching and executing the best campaigns with the biggest impact for our clients, so we’ve left the timekeeping to the watchmakers of the world.
Are you the kind of entrepreneurial, creative, dynamic and just generally awesome person we’re looking for?
If so, it’s time to Go North Now.
ABOUT THE ROLE
At North, we value creativity, we foster community, and we believe in commitment – to the team, the client, and the culture. We are seeking an engaged, enthusiastic and highly collaborative individual with a driving spirit and a burning desire to support our team and deliver outstanding client service as we continue to build the best PR and social media agency in Canada. If you’re the kind of person that can dig a little deeper, push a little harder, and help out those around you while you’re doing it, then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for.
Our preferred candidate will have experience crafting and executing influencer relations and social media strategies and programs coupled with a solid understanding of the constantly evolving media landscapes. We’re looking for a passionate team player with very strong creative, strategic thinking and organizational abilities.
- Understand the Canadian media and influencer landscape, with knowledge of who key media and influencer players are
- Create targeted media and influencer lists for specific outreach/events (includes supporting research to identify relevant contacts)
- Assist with media and influencer relations outreach (includes cold-calling, as well as managing outreach to media/influencers for events, partnership opportunities and brand collaborations, etc.
- Assist with mailers (includes research, providing recommendations for creatively themed media/influencer mailers)
- Assist with various launch events (includes vendor/supplier management and liaison)
- Responsible for coordinating sample/image requests between media outlets and influencers across Canada and our clients in addition to coordinating fact checks
- Management/monitoring of all press coverage (includes scanning of coverage, managing reports, tallying results and writing brief summaries of coverage)
- Management of daily client reports, media/influencer lists and clients’ content calendars (based on campaign, managing dissemination and/or development of content for social media platforms: Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
- Assist in management of social media channels, content calendar development and maintenance
- Provide strategic insights and results for our clients in influencer relations and social media communications
- Help develop award-winning creative ideas to drive results and brand influence for our clients
- Demonstrate strategic thinking capabilities to support the development of innovative campaigns
- Utilize the latest measurement technologies to uncover new insights to inform brand strategy
- Use strong insights and detailed consumer research to inform campaign creation
· Support strategic brand campaigns and have the ability to sell in big ideas within an integrated agency model
- Demonstrate abilities as a creative thinker and encourage others to think outside the box
- Strong client management and leadership skills; ability to manage up and down
- Provide timely feedback to management on progress against goals
- Help manage project budgets and deliverables, as required
- Ability to work in a collaborative, creative, entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment
- Ongoing tracking and knowledge of industry & brand best practices for influencer relations and social media
Our ideal candidate will possess the following:
- 1-3 years of experience in social media and influencer relations with additional experience in media relations and event management
- A passion for working with exciting international brands who abide by a social by design communications strategy
- Post-graduate diploma in Public Relations, Corporate Communications or related discipline
- Track record of developing creative public relations strategies and programs
- Entrepreneurial spirit and excitement to become an integral part of a new kind of agency
- Social media and influencer relations experience is a plus
- Excellent communication skills, dynamic, team player, excellent time management and organizational skills
- Experience with social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, etc. is a strong asset