Reporting to the Director, Sales, Indoor Advertising - Western Canada, this position consists in taking full responsibility and accountability for the achievement of personal sales objectives by managing all facets of selling advertising space and thereby contributing to the realization of regional objectives. The Account Executive will establish long-term relationships with advertising agencies and direct clients and will provide them with utmost customer service in order to foster a trusting relationship and encourage repeat business.
- Maximize sales according to the given objectives by making strategic presentations to potential clients to sell them innovative and creative adapted advertising solutions;
- Initiate first contact with potential clients through cold calling;
- Analyze briefs and judiciously and efficiently utilizes given information and internal resources to prepare documents and presentations;
- Set up meeting opportunities to develop and maintain good business relationships with existing and potential clients and key people in the advertising industry;
- Develop adapted advertising plans;
- Issue proposals to clients and follows up promptly and professionally;
- Assume all forms of negotiation;
- Show strong follow up and organizational skills in order to maximize business opportunities and avoids losing a sale;
- Maximize networking opportunities by continuously ensuring Newad’s presence in various industry events;
- Be constantly on the look-out for industry trends, news and information;
- Participates actively in all sales meetings, brainstorm sessions and internal and external training seminars;
- Maintains a high level of organization with all computer files, paperwork documentation and reports.
- Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or Communications or any other relevant diploma;
- Minimum 2 years of experience in media sales or media planning;
- Relationships with contact network in the media industry (advertising agencies and/or direct clients) (asset);
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills;
- Excellent communicator (oral & written);
- Innovative and creative;
- Ability to transform problems and challenges into solutions and opportunities;
- Customer service and results oriented;
- Excellent negotiator;
- Comfortable with initiating first contact with potential clients through cold calling;
- Team player.