Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries. Our 170,000 employees create quality products, services and solutions to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings; lead-acid automotive batteries and advanced batteries for hybrid and electric vehicles; and interior systems for automobiles. Johnson Controls, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Account Executive HVAC Services - Edmonton
Under general direction is responsible for the sale of Johnson Controls service offerings to owners at the Director level. Promote the Johnson Controls value proposition to building owners by providing technical solutions and operational expertise. Builds and manages long term customer relationships/partnerships with target building owners. Responsible for customer satisfaction. Positions renewable service agreements as the foundation of managed account relationships. Executes the sales process to aid in cultivating and managing long-term relationships and in seeking out, qualifying and closing new sales opportunities. Utilizes sales tools to plan and document sales progress as well as increase business opportunity in current accounts. Obtain and close sales on a monthly basis. Seeks to expand the depth and breadth of Johnson Controls offerings sold within accounts. Actively participates as a member of select account teams on key and target customer accounts. Leads the account team on assigned target and managed accounts.
- Sells, with minimal supervision, the Johnson Controls offerings persuasively, persistently and confidently to building owners at the D-level while reaching optimal profit levels. Focuses on improving the existing building to allow the building owner to achieve business objectives. Manages multiple, ongoing, opportunities particularly focusing on selling services and retrofits. Sells, renews and expands renewable service agreements, including multi-year agreements, to both new and existing customer.
- Builds partnering relationships with the owner or owner representatives responsible for the decision-making process to drive the sale of Johnson Controls service offerings. Actively listens, probes and identifies concerns. Understands the customer's business and speaks their language. Demonstrates technical expertise and maintains a high level of credibility.
- Seeks out, targets and initiates contact with multiple prospective customers. Understands and leverages the sales process outcomes as well as demonstrates evidence of gaining small trial closes. Qualifies and assesses potential customers. Refers leads to other business segments.
- Addresses customer's operational and environmental objectives, needs and requirements. Recommends solutions and links customer objectives to total value solution and competitive advantage. Differentiates Johnson Controls services and products from competitors.
- Positively and credibly influences service strategies with owners. Frequently creates competitive, high quality and timely estimates, proposals, and cost/benefit analysis. Effectively writes, and presents proposals. Negotiates value, addresses resistance and closes the sale. Differentiates Johnson Controls as a total building environment supplier.
- Utilizes applicable sales tools effectively (SMIS, Account Management, Account Plan and TAS) to plan and document progress as well as increase business opportunity in accounts. Leverages Johnson Controls sales process to close sales quickly. Manages the high activity of the pipeline in SMIS.
- Leads the sales team by building and fostering team relationships to ensure customer satisfaction. Solicits support from and communicates effectively with internal staff. Develops relationship with Systems and Solutions sales organization to exceed customers' expectations.
- Acts as the customer’s advocate in interactions with Johnson Controls to ensure the customer obtains the best value from Johnson Controls offerings.
- Assists in the development of the branch team, branch service sales and marketing plans and branch strategies. Targets new customers based on service business strategies.
- Keeps management informed of progress and account status.
- Attends and presents at trade show.
Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or related discipline required. MBA preferred. A minimum of five years of progressive field sales experience. At least three years successfully selling HVAC or building automation system service or projects. Demonstrates a commitment to integrity and quality in business. Excellent initiative and interpersonal communications skills. Demonstrated ability to influence the market at key levels.