Edelman Canada is expanding its Calgary team and is looking for a focused, motivated digital professional to join them.
The successful candidate will join the Calgary practice of Edelman Digital, the world’s largest global social agency and part of Edelman, the largest PR firm in the world. As a high-energy, outgoing person with a passion for social media and online communities, you are an active participant in social networks. You stay on top of the latest trends, platforms and information in social media.
You will work in a team to help develop and execute content and channel strategies for a variety of clients in the health and energy sectors. You will execute campaigns and projects, monitor for issues, develop and implement paid media strategies and analyze community metrics to optimize programs in real time and prepare reports for clients.
You possess in-depth knowledge of social media and are adept at leveraging that knowledge/experience to communicate strategically on behalf of large consumer brands.
- Foster online community engagement with our clients’ brands across social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram and Pinterest).
- Draft compelling social media and web content for clients’ channels, owned properties and paid placement.
- Monitor clients’ social media channels, initiate conversations with and respond to community comments referencing established brand and community guidelines.
- Participate in digital strategy development and program execution for Edelman clients
- Generate, collect and analyze metrics to identify trends and themes, optimize program strategy and content and prepare social media reports for clients.
- Keep abreast of social media marketing trends, research new channels and identify opportunities to connect the public with our clients’ brands and programs, and share key insights/learnings with the team.
- Advise on targeted digital ad buys, execute and optimize Facebook ad and Google AdWords campaigns.
- 1-2 years of professional experience, with a minimum of 1 year of experience as a social media community manager/ website build project management or digital paid media.
- Comfort with project management tools (e.g. MS Project) and working on complex, multi-faceted projects on tight timelines.
- In-depth working knowledge of current and emerging social media platforms, with a keen interest in sharing knowledge with broader team.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Adept at writing compelling, grammatically correct copy for online channels, strategy documents and memos.
- Self-motivated, well-organized and assertive, with strong analytical and deductive skills.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work well and quickly integrate with a cross-office team.
- Professional maturity and organizational savvy to work within a complex corporate environment.
- Interest in or experience working in Advertising, Public Relations or Digital Agencies.
About Edelman Canada
With offices in Montreal, Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver, Edelman Canada is a full-service communications, digital and public affairs firm, specializing in corporate, healthcare, government relations, consumer marketing, technology and social media. The company was named to Canada’s list of 50 Most Engaged Workplaces™ in 2011 and 2012 and was recognized as one of the Best Workplaces 2012 and 2013 Canada and Best Workplaces 2012 and 2013 Canada for Women.
Edelman is the world’s largest public relations firm, with 67 offices and more than 4,800 employees worldwide, as well as affiliates in more than 30 cities. Edelman was named Advertising Age’s top-ranked PR firm of the decade in 2009 and one of its “A-List Agencies” in both 2010 and 2011; Adweek’s “2011 PR Agency of the Year;” PRWeek’s “2011 Large PR Agency of the Year;” and The Holmes Report’s “2011 Global Agency of the Year” and its 2012 “Digital Agency of the Year.” Edelman was named one of the “Best Places to Work” by Advertising Age in 2010 and 2012 and among Glassdoor’s top ten “Best Places to Work” in 2011 and 2012. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Berland (research), Blue (advertising), BioScience Communications (medical communications), and agencies Edelman Significa (Brazil), and Pegasus (China).