RedPoint Media Group Inc. provides publishing and communication solutions that engage, inform and inspire target audiences. Our award-winning magazines include Avenue, Calgary’s city magazine, up!, WestJet’s in-flight magazine, and Wine Access, Canada’s wine and food magazine. We have grown over the past 15 years to become one of the largest and most celebrated independent publishing companies in Western Canada, with talented professionals in editorial, design, productions, photography and publishing.
As Account Executive for Content Marketing Solutions, you would be responsible for generating new business in the area of custom content creation, including securing new business agreements for short- and long-term content development (for print, digital, web, social media, etc.). You would be the key resource for the sales team in regards to custom content business development.
This is a commission-based sales role.
Overall responsibilities include:
- Presenting integrated content marketing opportunities to prospective clients;
- Meeting or exceeding sales targets on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis;
- Managing an account list with attention to prioritizing business, identifying opportunities and efficiently managing time;
- Prospecting for new business and adhering to the guidelines for listing new business with RedPoint;
- Presenting the details associated with contract negotiations and fulfillment and working collaboratively with RedPoint’s internal project management system toward project completion;
- Ensuring all agreements are accompanied by a signed contract;
- Delivering the finished work to clients upon completion and utilizing the delivery time effectively to elevate the sales effort;
- Forwarding all commission information to Accounting in a timely and organized manner;
- Working cooperatively within a team environment, including acting as a specialist for the sales team and team-selling when advantageous.
- Functioning as the key resource for custom content business development, including being the primary resource for research and materials in this area.
The qualified applicant should have strong prospecting and sales skills, with proven experience in media sales. We are looking for a self-starter with a positive attitude.
Required skills and qualifications include:
- Experience in sales to larger corporations;
- Excellent understanding of competitive media and a willingness to research new media and new content marketing opportunities;
- Demonstrated ability to multi-sell and present innovative strategies to the best interest of the client;
- Demonstrated creativity in customizing new marketing opportunities;
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written);
- Proficiency presenting proposals and in print or digital presentations;
- Exceptional customer service and relationship-building skills;
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage both external and internal coordination of production requirements;
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet or exceed sales targets.
The RedPoint package
As a creative company, RedPoint provides a stimulating, supportive work environment with a vibrant atmosphere, excellent benefits and free parking. We offer employees a flexible work schedule and competitive compensation. Employees are encouraged to give back to the community and the industry. As a RedPoint employee, you would play a vital role in shaping the future of our company.
In 2011, RedPoint was proud to have been named one of Alberta’s Top 50 Employers for the third year in a row.