Western has a reputation for continual growth, while maintaining its focus on our commitment to being part of the communities that we serve. If you are looking for a career where you know that you make a difference in what you do every day and have a desire to develop yourself, both personally and professionally, then we may have an opportunity for you!
Western employees are:
- Customer service and sales oriented
- Amazing team players
- Involved and committed to the community
- Models of our Guiding Principles
What will you do as an Account Executive at Western?
You will be responsible for developing commercial sales in Brooks and the surrounding area, while managing your current client relationships. You will be provided with a substantial book of business, which you will be expected to maintain and grow by securing new clients.
- Meeting with new and current clients and presenting our products to assure the best value to their current insurance needs
- Meeting specific sales targets focusing on both transactional and some consultative interactions with associations, and mid-size companies
- Participating in special projects such as major promotions, new product launches, new marketing initiatives, speaking engagements and networking events
- Promote Westerns value-added services, resources and expertise
- Obtaining knowledge of competitor’s services/products and counter with enhanced products, processes or expert advice
- Remaining current and develops expertise in assigned industry or market area, Western’s scope of resources and capabilities, and competitive economic environment
What being a member of the Western team will provide you:
- Company sponsored opportunities to train and develop yourself
- 100% company sponsored extended health and dental benefits
- Three weeks’ vacation upon the first year of hiring
- Paid Personal and Sick days
- Be part of the team in an established, reputable company and within a friendly and respectful work environment
- Company-matched RSP investment and ESOP savings program
- A career that makes an impact of our clients' lives
- Competitive compensation package (salary and performance-based incentives)
What skills, qualifications and experience should you have to be successful at Western in this role?
- General Insurance Level 2 License
- Proven talent to grow and develop relationships with our existing clients, new clients, industry related associations and our community
- Considerable experience managing a book of business, or relatable work experience
- Capacity to provide exceptional customer service
- Knowledge of the marketplace and community to maximize revenue
Do you exemplify Western’s Guiding Principles?
Truthfulness - It is the foundation of our business. We believe that frank, accurate and honest communication is always in everyone's best interest.
Fairness - We are advocates for our customers and shareholders and the trusted representatives for our suppliers. Our credibility rests on our determination to see that everyone gets what they deserve.
Value - We believe that nobody owes us a living. Our skills and knowledge must generate meaningful, positive results for all concerned. We will strive to be the best we can be.
Loyalty - We place our faith in long-term relationships, through thick and thin. We support our communities.