Businesses that partner with Google come in all shapes, sizes and market caps, and no one Google advertising solution works for all. Your knowledge of online media combined with your communication skills and analytical abilities shapes how new and existing business grow. Using your influencing and relationship-building skills, you provide Google-caliber client service, research and market analysis. You anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover the business needs of Google's key clients and understand how our range of product offerings can grow their business. Working with them, you set the vision and the strategy for how their advertising can reach thousands of users.
As a Google Account Executive, you'll help to provide integrated, cross-platform advertising solutions. Google has become a leader in this space because we've developed effective products and services targeted to marketers and consumers. The primary responsibility of the Account Executive is to drive and grow new business with Google’s top advertisers. You'll manage business relationships to ensure that client needs and requirements are met. This will require you to serve as their advocate within Google while collaborating with other Google teams to provide them with a comprehensive portfolio of solutions and options. This is a client-facing sales role requiring deep industry expertise, proven sales ability, and a broad base of industry contacts. You understand and anticipate how decisions are made, and you will persistently explore and uncover the business needs of key clients.
- Work collaboratively with a team to drive growth with new and existing customers.
- Develop high-level relationships to serve as a trusted consultant with major customers to optimize their advertising.
- Generate business plans to define strategies and tactics.
- Understand and adapt to Google's ongoing product and technology developments.
- Manage multiple cross-product opportunities and projects.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of experience in advertising sales, marketing, consulting or media.
- Demonstrable media experience in business development, client relationships and consultative selling, with the ability to deliver results under pressure.
- Knowledge of and established relationships within the advertising industry and relevant industry vertical (Auto, Finance, Tech, CPG industry experience is an asset).
- Knowledge of online ads, especially for search and display ads and campaign performance management.
- Effective team player, experience working across functions in a large organization, with strong customer service, communication, presentation and creative problem-solving skills.
Our Large Customer Sales teams partner closely with many of the world’s biggest advertisers and agencies to develop digital solutions that build strong businesses and brands. We enjoy a bird’s eye view on the massive transformation occurring as advertising shifts to mobile and online platforms. We're uniquely situated to help shape how companies grow their businesses in the digital age. We advise clients on Google's broad range of products across search, video and mobile to help them connect instantly and seamlessly with their audiences.