Join our team and show your colors to the world!
PPG Architectural Coatings is a respected leader in the paint industry. A business unit of PPG Industries, the world's leading coatings and specialty Products Company, we manufacture and sell our products through home centers, independent dealers, and through a network of company-owned stores across North America.
With over 900 retail centers in North America, we continue to grow. Currently we are seeking an Account Development Manager in North Vancouver, BC to to join our Stores team.
This is a 12-month contract position.
As an Account Development Manager you will…
Partner with dealer accounts to ensure sales & profit goals are met.
Use a weekly call schedule, make regular quality sales calls on existing dealer accounts. Act promptly in handling customer requests.
Seek new dealer business opportunities and work with Zone Sales Director to secure new business.
Establish and maintain good working relationships with store employees and dealer owners/managers.
Provide, sell & educate dealers on tools/programs to promote PPG products. Projects may include; sales promotions, marketing/merchandising programs, product support, etc.
Organize & conduct educational training seminars for dealers and dealer employees.
Manage customer complaints, claims and warranty issues. Resolve problems in a professional and timely manner.
Join an industry leading company!
PPG Industries’ vision is to continue to be the world’s leading coatings and specialty Products Company. Through leadership in innovation, sustainability, and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. Founded in 1883, PPG has global headquarters in Pittsburgh and operates in nearly 70 countries around the world. Sales in 2014 were $15.4 billion.
PPG Architectural Coatings impressive line-up of residential, commercial, and industrial paint brands offers a wide range of choices to meet everyone's needs – from consumers to interior designers, painting contractors to property managers, and developers to architects.
What you will bring to the team…
- Three (3) years paints and coatings experience.
- Bachelor's degree in business related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a sales representative in commercial, industrial, new home construction/multifamily, residential repaint, true finish, and/or industrial maintenance market segments.
- Ability to communicate effectively with varying groups of internal and external customers including high level architectural firms, city sales reps, and store personnel.
- Ability to work flexible hours (some evenings and weekends required) due to the variance in work schedule
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Professional certifications through CSC.
Please note as part of the recruitment process, any selected candidate will be required to complete a criminal record check.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.