Laura Ballance Media Group (LBMG), a full service, integrated public relations and advertising agency based in Vancouver, has an immediate opening for an Account Coordinator position as we look to grow our multi-faceted team. We’re looking for dynamic, motivated, team players with a passion for PR and creative ideas.
Our firm is well known for working with many of Vancouver and Canada’s most dynamic events, and organizations - including the Forest Products Association of Canada, the Pacific National Exhibition, the Squamish Valley Music Festival, Vancouver International Auto Show, and Disney On Ice, among others.
Reporting to the VP of Communications, the PR Account Coordinator position will be filled by a qualified individual who must have the ability to manage multiple client files and deliverables in a dynamic, ever-changing environment. No two days are the same at LBMG – our staff do not work a standard 9-5 work week – so flexibility is a must, as is the ability to travel both in Canada and the US as well as to local client sites and offices.
- Act as Public Relations Account Coordinator on a variety of projects, liaising directly with Account Managers and often clients with the support of senior management team
- Uncover news stories, liaise with journalists, organize interviews on behalf of clients, facilitate client interviews and story placement
- Maintain appropriate network with media contacts locally, nationally and internationally
- Conduct media tracking and analysis
- Provide on-site media relations at events (some weekends)
- Write brochures, news releases, newsletters, articles, blog postings, annual reports, fact sheets, etc
- Write for blogs, websites and social media sites
- Ensure information is disseminated to media in a timely and efficient manner
- Various administrative tasks as required
- Excellent computer skills, including some or all of: Mac OS platform, Internet, database, Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- University degree or diploma in PR, communications, or journalism
- Demonstrated experience with media, blogger and analyst relations skills and knowledge of social media
- Demonstrated knowledge of media landscape in Canada
- Demonstrated interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated verbal and written communications skills
- Proven ability to work independently
- Excellent writing skills
- The ability to persuade others and be creative
- Strong research capabilities
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task, manage priorities and meet tough deadlines
- Great people skills, on telephone and in person
- Excellent English, both verbal and written
- Flexible hours
- Minimum class 5 driver’s license
This is a salaried full-time position, two weeks vacation and benefits. LBMG will provide the successful candidate with a company cell phone and laptop in order to complete work tasks.