Laura Ballance Media Group (LBMG), a full service, integrated public relations and advertising agency based in Vancouver, has an immediate opening for a media and public relations position as we grow our multi-faceted team.
Our firm is well known for working with many of Vancouver and Canada’s most dynamic events, and organizations - including the Forest Products Association of Canada; the Pacific National Exhibition; the Squamish Valley Music Festival; Disney On Ice; New Car Dealers of British Columbia and various local governments, among others.
Reporting to the VP of Communications and supported by the Senior Account Manager, the Account Coordinator position will be filled by a qualified individual who must have the ability to support multiple client files and deliverables in a dynamic, ever-changing environment.
No two days are the same at LBMG so a passion for learning and flexibility is a must, as is the ability to travel both in Canada and the US as well as to local client sites and offices.
- Act as Public Relations Account Coordinator on a variety of projects, liaising directly with the Senior Account Manager and Account Managers and occasionally clients with the support of senior management team
- Develop communication materials to support strategic plans, including but not limited to press releases, advisories, backgrounders, key messaging, brochures, newsletters, blog posts, e-blasts and other promotional materials
- Developing social media content calendars and posting on behalf of clients to their social media channels
- Research and uncover news stories, liaise with journalists, facilitate client interviews and story placement
- Maintain appropriate network with media contacts locally, nationally and internationally.
- Conduct media tracking, analysis and summaries
- Provide on-site media relations and act as media escorts at events (some weekends)
- Assisting with event logistics
- Ensure information is disseminated to media in a timely and efficient manner
- Stuffing press kits, creating media lanyards
- Aiding with the accreditation process (background checks and implementing details into an excel document)
- Creating internal and external communication documents for clients
- Various administrative tasks as required
- Excellent computer skills, including some or all of: Mac OS platform, Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- University degree, diploma or certificate in PR, communications, or journalism
- Demonstrated experience with social media tools
- Demonstrated knowledge of media landscape in Canada
- Demonstrated interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated verbal and written communications skills
- Proven ability to work independently
- Excellent writing and research skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines when faced with multiple requests for action from a variety of sources
- Great people skills, on telephone and in person
- Flexible hours
- Minimum class 5 driver’s license
This is a salaried full-time position, two weeks vacation and benefits. LBMG will provide the successful candidate with a company cell phone and laptop in order to complete work tasks.