Help us fight the good fight against mediocre marketing! Popcorn is a tight-knit team doing big things in the world of marketing, and we’re looking for the perfect fit to help our business grow. You are a creative and motivated person who is passionate about social media, marketing, PR and advertising. You love great food, the arts, building communities, and are ready to move into a full-time role helping our brands POP!
You are a natural communicator who possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and understand the power of digital marketing and public relations in building a strong brand recognition. You are well-versed in current and emerging social media platforms, and have the ability to build and sustain several active and engaged online communities using brand-consistent voices. You have a quirky sense of humour, receive constructive feedback well, and you love being part of the creative marketing process. You are solutions-oriented, yet results-driven, and take initiative in a fast-paced team environment.
Popcorn provides a full range of marketing and PR services to a vast array of industries, including tourism and hospitality, consumer food and beverage products, and lifestyle brands. Popcorn offers a wide array of services, from social media strategy and management, to media pitching, influencer campaigns, web design, and search engine marketing.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a client-facing account management role or internal marketing role (agency experience is an asset)
- Post-secondary diploma or degree, or a focused certificate in Digital Marketing or PR
- Strong verbal and written communicator
- Strong knowledge of digital and social media marketing
- Has a critical eye and strong attention to detail
- Solutions-oriented and able to provide constructive feedback to the creative team
- Basic understanding of web and social media analytics, and reporting tools (Google Analytics, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- General understanding of public relations and local or national media landscape
- Meeting and maintaining communications with clients
- Attending client events (as needed)
- Crisis management (as needed)
- Preparing monthly client reports
- Regularly reviewing service agreements
- Strategy development, campaign planning and execution
- Leading and/or reviewing development of social media content
- Ensuring work by the creative team is on time and on budget
- Quality Assurance: Reviewing scheduled content, art direction, photography
- Assisting with scheduling photographers and influencers (as needed)
- Scheduling and coordinating with influencers
- Communicating feedback to photographer
- Assisting with photoshoots (as needed)
- Participating in team meetings (as required)
40 hours per week / $40-50k based on experience
2 weeks of paid vacation per year
Competitive health and dental benefits
Cell phone or laptop reimbursement
Education and training reimbursement program
The successful candidate will be expected to work from our Vancouver office on weekdays from 9:00am-5:30pm, and meet with clients off-site as needed.