Department: Government of Yukon -> Economic Development - Communications
Standard Hours Bi-weekly: 75
Days Off: Saturday/Sunday
Close Date: 31 March 2016
At the Department of Economic Development, our mandate is to develop a sustainable and competitive Yukon economy to enrich the quality of life of all Yukoners; to pursue economic initiatives with a shared vision of prosperity, partnerships and innovation; and to forge partnerships with First Nations in the economic development of the territory.
From advising small businesses to attracting investment, we connect our clients with the right people and resources to turn good ideas into reality. We provide the economic analysis and insight that inform smart decision-making and assist clients as they access government financial supports. We are here to help businesses, industries and communities to see the big picture, envision the future of the Yukon economy, and find a path forward.
The Marketing Specialist leads the development, management and implementation and evaluation of the department’s marketing strategies in domestic and international markets. This position is the Editor-in-Chief responsible for digital content development, information architecture, maintenance and quality assurance of content deployed throughout Economic Development’s digital media platforms.
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications. Please note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume.
- Significant post-secondary coursework in marketing or communications.
- Experience with Drupal.
- Significant experience planning and executing marketing strategies and marketing plans.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with planning, executing and monitoring project budgets.
- Experience with social media measurement, monitoring tools and web content development, execution and evaluation.
Candidates with education, training, and/or experience equivalent to the essential qualifications listed above will be given equal consideration.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability
Candidates should have and may be assessed on:
- Excellent verbal, writing and editing skills;
- Understanding of web analytics and key performance indicators;
- Self-motivated, organized, able to work independently and contribute as a positive team member;
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat, Illustrator and Photoshop;
- Lead and develop creative multi-media content in line with departmental objectives;
- Keen attention to detail and process and ability handle multiple competing deadlines;
- Strong problem solving and sound judgment; and
- Ability to make project related presentations to staff and clients.
Conditions of Employment:
Job Requirements: Travel may be up to 1-3 trips per year.