Uniterra is a voluntary cooperation program and international development program which aims to strengthen organizations and networks through the pooling and exchange of expertise and knowledge. Jointly implemented by World University Service of Canada (WUSC) and Centre for International Studies and Cooperation (CECI), Uniterra contributes to improving the socio-economic conditions of local communities in 14 countries, including Tanzania.
Rians Institute of Professional Studies (RIPS) College is dedicated to improving the well-being of people and meeting the challenges of a changing world. RIPS helps to restore hope and provide opportunities for low-income families by providing affordable, quality educational opportunities to young men and young women that transform their lives, enrich communities, and strengthen the country's economy.
The Website Development Advisor will work in close collaboration with RIPS staff to support the improvement of the institute’s visibility as a means to attract more students, especially young women.
- In collaboration with staff, to review and clarify the purpose and objectives of RIPS’s website.
- To work with designated staff to design the College website and update existing content to better represent the RIPS brand and services.
- Provide training and orientation to staff on the new website, its features and guidance for updating content.
- Develop the Facebook Page in coordination with the Principal, including the identification of information sources and compilation of initial information for sharing.
- Develop a guidelines document defining key information sources for ongoing maintenance of the page
- Ensuring use of gender and youth inclusive language and images throughout the website and Facebook page.
- Write reports required by RIPS and the Uniterra program.
- Undertake to make a minimum financial contribution of $1,500 for participating in the Uniterra program.
- University degree in information technology or equivalent experience in website design or any other relevant field
- Good knowledge of HTML coding or the use of content-management software, as well as Photoshop and JavaScrip
- Solid experience and knowledge in website design and programming
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to work in an intercultural environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English; Swahili is an asset
ASSIGNMENT DURATION AND EXPECTED DEPARTURE DATE
6 months, June 26, 2016