Web Marketing Specialist full-time
Blizzard Interactive is a web marketing company dedicated to the online financial industry. In addition to executing promotional campaigns we focus on acquiring and retaining customers interested in short-term loans. Blizzard offers a creative, collaborative, team-oriented environment with opportunity for personal and professional growth.
The Web Marketing Specialist requires superior analytical skills to monitor data, track consumer responses, create metrics and identify trends to measure the success of campaigns, online activities and website traffic. Strong program management skills allow the successful candidate to ensure that the paid search campaigns are within budget and meets timelines.
The Web Marketing Specialist uses his or her interpersonal skills to develop and maintain strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders and to solicit customer feedback. He or she consistently strives to develop new and innovative ways to reach the market segment and increase the Return on Investment (ROI) of the various paid search marketing campaigns.
- Plan, develop and implement the paid search marketing strategy for customer acquisition.
- Manage and forecast budgets used for paid search marketing.
- Write/edit paid search ads, write/edit content on campaign landing pages, perform split tests on ads and landing pages for continuous improvement of campaigns.
- Monitor campaign landing pages customer site experience and satisfaction.
- Build a comprehensive keyword portfolio to maximize reach and overall presence on the web.
- Prepare regular reports of keyword effectiveness and Return on Investment (ROI) of paid search marketing campaigns and initiatives.
- Create and monitor metrics of website activity using Google Analytics to improve campaign effectiveness and efficiency, including Return on Investment (ROI).
- Collect and analyze data for paid search marketing campaigns, various market segments and target consumer groups. Modify paid search marketing strategy and plans accordingly.
- Regularly monitor ongoing market conditions, consumer trends and competitor information to ensure paid search marketing strategy remains current and responsive to changes.
- Develop new strategies for paid search marketing by keeping abreast of new technologies, innovations and industry trends and adopting new or more effective delivery methods.
- Research latest marketing products, services and new media to develop further opportunities to reach market segment and enhance ROI.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with peers and senior management. Keep informed of new and changing initiatives and provide support and guidance for various marketing campaigns.
- Liaise with staff to ensure regular and open communication and to solicit feedback on various campaigns and customer satisfaction.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to partner with senior management to plan paid search marketing activities that effectively coordinate with overall marketing plan, advertising and sales goals, objectives and strategic plans.
- Ability to effectively research, collect, analyze and report on large amounts of market data, identify trends and issues and develop strategies to adapt online marketing programs and plans appropriately.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including writing, editing, proofreading and use of appropriate style and tone.
- Ability to use discretion and independent judgment to deal with common issues and problems or escalate to appropriate person as necessary.
- Exhibit knowledge of best practices for Search Engine Marketing (SEM) including working knowledge of Google, Bing, Yahoo search engines, bid management software and keyword research tools. Knowledge of SEO, Social Media and Web Development is a plus.
- Strong understanding of web analytics, and capable of identifying problem areas of campaign/marketing funnel.
- Knowledge of market research methods and techniques.
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to negotiate terms and contracts with outside consultants & agencies.
- Ability to prepare and administer budgets for paid search marketing activities, programs and initiatives and coordinate with other departments on sales and marketing campaigns and promotions.
- Good presentation and facilitation skills.
- Strong business acumen and ability to understand changes that affect market conditions and [customer/consumer] spending.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as in a team environment.
- Strong computer skills, with knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), along with a strong understanding of the Internet Marketing.
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, Commerce/e-Commerce, Advertising or a related field, or equivalent.
- A minimum of three years of online marketing experience, paid search marketing, market research or brand marketing and promotions, or equivalent.
- Marketing analysis experience and knowledge of various Internet-based analytics tools is preferred.
- Experience with web services and search engines, content management systems, social media sites, message boards and forums and Internet-based/digital marketing is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of the Payday Lending industry is considered an asset.