Rudsak was founded in Montreal, Canada in 1994 by its visionary and creative leader Evik Asatoorian. Since its launch, Rudsak has grown into one of Canada’s leading fashion brands synonymous with quality and craftsmanship, a modern lifestyle brand consisting of timeless fashion outerwear, footwear, handbags and accessories for men and women. Rudsak’s aesthetic merges a contemporary and timeless look - James Dean’s rebellious allure and Audrey Hepburn’s pristine elegance have inspired Evik throughout the years.
Born as a true Canadian within the heart of Montreal, Quebec- Rudsak has nurtured the province with a growing retail and wholesale presence. Our flagship store on St-Laurent Boulevard is our reference in terms of brand experience: A cool place equipped with an atelier shoemaker and café that captures the ‘spirit of cool rebel’.
With the continuous guidance of Evik, this leading Canadian fashion brand continues to grow rapidly, satisfying customer demand across Canada and the United States. Bottom line...with international appeal, Rudsak is at the starting gate to take on the rest of the world as we prepare to celebrate our 20 years of success in 2014.
We are currently seeking a Web Graphic Designer to join our team
As an experienced Web Graphic Designer, you will collaborate every day with the eCommerce & Digital Marketing Team, the Creative Art Director, marketing coordinators, web merchandiser and photographer in order to create a great user experience across the website and all Rudsak digital channels (e-commerce, social network, emails, etc.). You will support the team by designing branded material for the Rudsak brand online.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
The Web graphic designer will be working on web marketing materials, website design and layout, email marketing layout…etc.
- Must have a good eye for fashion and design, yet also be capable of creative and original style.
- Develop graphics for the site Rudsak.com
- Ensure that all graphics created for the Web site are visually consistent with the Rudsak brand
- Design images and content for the Web site that communicates the desired message (banners, homepage, category pages, landing pages, email newsletters…etc.)
- Design and code email pertaining to marketing campaigns
- Create Web site banners for our eCommerce website
- Expand upon developed concepts, such as in-store materials, for online use (where applicable)
- Collaborate with our front-end and back-end agencies to ensure seamless implementation of web design and digital projects
- Adapt our eCommerce sites across changing seasons and fashion trends
- Create and design marketing material for various projects (i.e. homepage, digital advertising, banners)
- Work with web marketing director for web marketing campaigns and digital marketing manager (collections, holidays, web banners, etc)
- Work with Creative Art Director and Digital Marketing Manager to adapt and create graphic content (infographics, Facebook posts). Work with developers and agency to create website layouts and content.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
Bachelor’s degree with a specialization in Web design, graphic design or computer graphic design (or equivalent)
3 to o 5 years of experience as a Web Graphic Designer or in Web design (specifically front-end capabilities)
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
- Enthusiastic and with a never ending curiosity for everything interactive
- Independent, proactive individual who also works well in teams
- Comfortable adjusting priorities or adopting a new project initiative as needed
- Very agile and quick in Photoshop and Illustrator and solid Adobe Suite knowledge
- Good knowledge of web design, HTML and HTML5, CSS an asset
- Excellent knowledge of Magento, email service providers (Mail Chimp, Listrak)
- Perfect mastery of User Experience Design
- Exceptional task management skills and an acute eye for detail
- Excellent knowledge of standard practices with regard to web typography, optimization of image and pixel dimensions for display on the web
- Know how to work smart and keep files clean
- Flexible and able to work with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in an E-commerce environment
- Experience in email marketing
- Experience in Social Media Marketing
- Bilingual, both written and spoken (English and French)
- Portfolio and CV required prior to interview.