The Web graphic designer is responsible for the conception and design of electronic marketing tools (web sections, emails, e-flyers, promotional banners, online contests, Facebook headers, etc.). They will provide expertise in creating integrated design solutions that meet the creative personality, brand identity, and quality standards of the company. They are on the lookout for practices, trends and innovations in the multimedia industry and retail. Candidate should possess a strong eye for current web trends and best design practices in the multimedia and retail industries.
Create e-store and brand marketing material such as emails, advertising, PR, media tools, etc.
Establish and design the seasonal look and feel of the website through highly usable graphical interfaces for E-commerce websites in keeping with the strategic objectives of the retail on-line business as well as the overall marketing and visual plans;
Prepare all graphics and photographic images for presentation to the website, which may include sizing and close-cutting;
Create compelling designs and a user-friendly website layout that will attract and retain customers and maximize the number of conversions of visits to actual sales outcomes;
Understands the needs and branding direction of the division and fully understands the needs and behaviors of our target customer;
Researches market information through marketing emails, graphic and website trends by reviewing literature, researching the web, visiting markets and competition;
- College degree or university degree in Graphic Design
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of experience in graphic design (retail branding and photo shoot artistic direction with models is an asset)
- Strong knowledge in interactive graphic design, web environment and applications
- Extensive knowledge of MAC environment and CS4 applications ( Illustrator, Photoshop, Flash, Dreamweaver, InDesign, Bridge)
- Experience in developing on-line and/or off-line catalogs and web architecture is an asset
- Detail oriented, excellent organizational skills, ability to work in a fast paced environment and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, team player and initiative-taker
- Ability to make creative suggestions & recommendations
- Bilingualism is required; French and English-written/spoken