Are you well-versed with Front-End Web Development using HTML5 and CSS3? The Skylar Creative Team at Skylar Media needs you for an opportunity in Vaughan, ON! We are seeking an experienced Web Developer who can take an active and important role in production of the high level of award-winning branding and design work that we are renowned for.
As a Front-End Web Development Superstar who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming, you could be doing what you love every day:
- Translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application.
- Work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation
- Taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works
Please note - while this role is intended to be a 1 year contract position, we are also considering this as a full-time and permanent role.
You’re the right person if you have these qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years of development experience in agency work and/or minimum 5 years’ experience developing interactive websites
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and meet strict deadlines
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools to be able to crop, resize or perform small adjustments
- Proficient in PHP and generating PHP forms, polls, and surveys + experience with CSS Animation
- Clear understanding of coding responsive design
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them
- Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus
- Deep understanding of WordPress
- University degree or college diploma in computer science, information systems, commerce, communications or related field
If you are interested in joining The Skylar Creative Team, please send your resume and relevant samples of your work. If your portfolio is outstanding and it’s evident you have what it takes to be a star, we’ll be in touch!
Skylar Media is a privately owned and operated marketing, creative and advertising agency with a focus on brand and identity management, established in 1980 with headquarters located in Vaughan, Ontario. Our business roots include creative and marketing services; including advertising, branding, strategy, print media and digital capabilities. A part of our corporate strategy is to continue to cultivate our expanding capabilities by building high-performing, talented teams who will help grow these service offerings, while also fostering organic growth opportunities from within our loyal client base.