Become a QuickPlayer today and grow with us!
QuickPlay Media Inc. is the premier provider of solutions to manage the business of mobile video. Recognized internationally for innovation, flexibility and excellence QuickPlay provides the fastest and most flexible way for companies to deliver mobile video worth watching. Today, QuickPlay powers high quality TV, video, audio, and radio services for 14 mobile operators and 150 content providers recognized worldwide.
In an evolving market, our employees are inspired by the innovative environment that allows them to lead, motivate, and create, while reaching their full potential and achieving great results. Spending their days in a challenging atmosphere developing cutting edge products for the biggest names in media and communications, QuickPlay employees are able to expand their skills and grow with a passionate and talented group of people.
In this role you will:
- Gather input and requirements from the team
- Design and create front UI while understanding the back-end features
- Implement features within a team using best practices to meet product or solution deliverables.
- Refactor code to increase operating efficiency and extensibility and/or adapt programs to new requirements.
- Prepare software packages and documentation for deployment that adhere to the defined standard deployment policies.
- Be highly responsive to critical production issues providing timely and effective solutions or guidelines.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Strong front-end web development experience (role is 80% front-end development).
- Minimum 3 (if having strong front-end web development experience) to 5 years’ experience designing and implementing enterprise grade software.
- Experience designing and creating front UI while understanding the back-end features
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities are required.
- Proficient in the use of SCM tools (SVN, GIT, Maven, Jenkins), best practices and continuous integration.
- Good understanding of distributed multi-tier infrastructure.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to work successfully both independently and in a team setting
- Excellent Software Development Lifecycle
- Creative problem solving skills and an ability to apply business logic to development requirements
- Strong knowledge of cross-browser implementation techniques and limitations
- Expert understanding of search-engine optimization techniques
- Compete grasp of web analytics
- Detail-oriented and resourceful individual who work well under pressure
- Excellent oral and written communication and good documentation skills.
- You live to learn
- You enjoy sharing ideas and concepts.
- You like to move fast
- You like to make decisions
- You like to take calculated risks
- We like to learn
- We like to work in small, rapid iterations
- We like to automate mundane tasks
- We like to make things visible so others can understand them, challenge them, solve them
- We get things done
- General office environment.
- Additional hours may be required to meet deadlines.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
The way we consume media is on the verge of incredible change. In just a few short years, television and technology have converged, transforming how we consume our content. QuickPlay Media was created to help brands deliver video to IP connected devices. Today, we work with the largest media and technology companies creating breakthrough innovations for watching live TV and video-on-demand on IP-connected devices, including smartphones, tablets and connected TV’s off our award winning OpenVideo Platform. Using grid architecture and the cloud, we handle all aspects of running multiscreen video services – from content acquisition to delivery and reporting. Our solutions include: Live TV Video on Demand Encoding as a Service.
Put Big Ideas Into Action
If you thrive on the excitement of new challenges and creating impacts through technology, we would like you to consider joining our team! You have unique skills and a drive to succeed – and we believe that QuickPlay Media provides the perfect opportunity to propel your career forward. Here at QuickPlay, we have a dedicated team of people who are passionate about innovation and the change that comes along with it. It is what enables us to put big ideas into action.