Everything Flight Centre
Looking for an unbeatable place to work? Flight Centre Limited is a global company that has been around for 27 years, still expanding, and looking for talented people to grow with them. The organization is continually recognized as one of Canada's best employers because they know their people are their most valuable asset. Flight Centre Limited employees are passionate about their work, their customers, and their future success. Attracting a broad range of people, our environment would be described as competitive yet supportive.
Flight Centre Limited has been ranked one of Canada's 50 'Best Employers to Work For' in the Globe and Mail's Report on Business Magazine, for the last eight consecutive years - including the number one position in 2002. For four of the last eight years, the organization has been in the top four.
The Flight Centre Limited careers network reaches across ten countries and employs 13,000 people. With Flight Centre Limited you can have a career that can take you all over the world!
What we're looking for
Flight Centre Limited is currently seeking a Web Developer to join their young and dynamic team in Toronto, ON.
Join a global leader in travel that prides itself on putting its people first. You will be part of a close knit team where you will enjoy varied ongoing and new project work.
You will be involved in developing the online presence of one of Canada's most famous travel brands. Within this role, you will primarily be responsible for the production and management of campaigns for Flight Centre Ltd. websites and online social media. You will be providing maintenance of existing large scale web applications as well as the development of new products, promotions, and solutions.
We are on the lookout for an individual who has a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science and an understanding of object oriented programming principles and algorithm design. Flight Centre Limited is looking for an experienced and competent developer with a passion for coding and scripting.
- 2+ years of development experience.
- Strong skills using Adobe Photoshop and/or Fireworks;
- Familiarity with Eclipse;
- Knowledgeable with modifying plugins and core WordPress files;
- High attention to detail and commitment to quality.
- Experience in Web Development within the Travel Industry or other E-Commerce environments;
- Knowledge of XML, AJAX, MySql and PostgreSQL;
- HTML5, CSS3;
- Converting PSD to XHTML experience;
- Have a web portfolio;
- Understanding of SEO practices;
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools.
Things can move fast at Flight Centre, so you'll need to be flexible, adaptable, and able to look for solutions. Most importantly we are seeking someone with practical experience, strong written and verbal communication skills, and excellent problem solving abilities. If you have an outgoing personality with a keen eye for detail, we'd love to hear from you! If you have a strong work ethic, and are ready for an exciting new challenge, consider Flight Centre Limited for your next career move.
About the Benefits
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary, which also includes incentives and bonuses. You will have the opportunity to participate in global career advancement and travel opportunities!
Finally, Flight Centre offers its staff award-winning, world renowned benefits, including:
- Discounted travel and access to excellent incentives from the world's top travel providers
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Free health advice and financial planning consultations
- RRSP Matching and a Pension Plan
- Social events that are the envy of the industry e.g. Our high performers recently flew to Singapore for the annual Global Ball!
- Career progression scheme including global career opportunities
- Fantastic supportive team culture
- Participation in global conferences
You will be employed by a company that takes pride in their employees and offer a team culture like no other in the industry. For a job that will truly take you places, watch your career take off and join the global Flight Centre force, an unbeatable "Employer of Choice"!