Are you an experienced LAMP stack web developer with a demonstrable track record in WordPress development? Do you want to work in a dynamic, high traffic, multi-platform environment with a heavy mobile focus? We are looking for a Web Developer to join our talented Digital Team at Metro.
As a Web Developer you will work with a busy and energetic team developing Metro properties for web, mobile web and the online aspects of our award winning mobile application landscape. Working with WordPress.com VIP – Automattic’s enterprise WordPress platform – you will develop themes and plug-ins for Metro’s, high-traffic websites while adhering to best practices for Responsive Design and performance-based development.
- Develop new, innovative web sites, plugins and digital solutions that adhere to Automattic’s strict coding standards
- Maintain, refactor and optimize Metro’s web and mobile solutions to meet performance and uptime needs of our customers, partners, advertisers and employees
- Provide ongoing support for our mobile applications with regard to parsers, content feeds and media distribution
- Maintain, refactor and optimize Metro’s web and mobile web solutions to meet performance and uptime needs of our customers, partners, advertisers and employees.
- Respond proactively to outages and service issues as they may arise
REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION:
As a talented incumbent you will have experience creating websites in WordPress and have enterprise level experience with PHP, MySQL and GIT. As a LAMP stack developer you will have experience developing scalable solutions from PSD and wireframes. In the course of work you will be asked to liaise with other departments and on occasion clients, as such good written and verbal communications skills are also essential.
- 2 years Wordpress in a development capacity (plugins, themes, etc) or 4 years experience PHP without Wordpress
- Strong familiarity with all of the following: web design, HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, AJAX, MySQL, XML/RSS, SVN
- Demonstrated responsive design experience a plus
- Experience with at least one PHP framework preferred (Zend, Codelgniter, CakePHP, Symphony, YII, Kohana, etc)
- Web performance optimization
- Innovative, efficient, detail oriented
- Adobe familiarity an asset, not a requirement