Web Developer full-time
Are you looking for an exciting career with a fast paced, growing marketing agency? If you are very organized and a self-starter with 3-5 years’ experience, then Cyan Solutions has an opportunity to join our team as a Web Developer.
All successful candidates will be required to work from and out of our office located in Ottawa.
Cyan Solutions is looking for a motivated, Web Developer to work with a fast paced production oriented agency. The ideal candidate must have a positive, outgoing and energetic attitude with a desire to work with a diverse client base. The ideal candidate will have an eye for detail and be a self-starter with little need for supervision.
The ideal candidate needs to possess the ability to self-motivate, suggest new ideas, communicate technical ideas to non-technical people, and have a strong desire to learn and develop their skills and stay on top of industry trends.
- Hands-on involvement in the planning, development, testing, deployment, and maintenance of websites and web applications
- Provide technical guidance to clients and to other team members
- Seek out new technology trends, tools, and opportunities for innovation
- Work in collaboration with the design and strategy teams to build exciting and innovative websites
- Help to identify high risk areas for Project Managers and Sales as it relates to technology
- Dedicated to testing and QA to ensure overall quality of works
- Effective communication with both team members and clients via email, phone, and in person, and can create documentation when needed
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working as a web developer, 3- 5 years preferred
- Experience working in a fast paced digital agency or marketing environment
- Strong, proven knowledge of digital technologies including:
- XHTML/CSS (including frameworks for responsive design)
- Open Source technologies (LAMP Stack)
- Database technologies (MySQL, SQL Server)
- Drupal CMS
- Wordpress CMS
- Responsive web development techniques
- SASS or similar CSS preprocessor
- Solid Understanding of web accessibility standards and best practices
- Bilingual (both verbal and written)
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience working with Microsoft technologies (ASP.NET)
- Experience with Expression Engine
- Knowledge of version control systems