Canada’s NDP is seeking a web developer with a passion for building great web tools to support the party’s digital program and broader efforts.
In this job, you will be responsible for planning and implementing front-end design, API integration, and tool development and deployment. Working as part of our digital department, you’ll be tasked with building and maintaining web tools.
Your work will support voter engagement, volunteer recruitment, database work, and fundraising technology in the multi-platform digital campaigns.
Please apply if you are passionate about progressive politics, programming, and using digital tools to win elections.
Canada’s New Democratic Party
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop engaging, usable and accessible web experiences to drive engagement and fundraising with constituents.
- Collaborate with the digital team to build web tools for fundraising, organization, and supporting digital campaigns.
- Other duties as required.
What we’re looking for:
- Proven experience delivering web projects that meet web standards and accessibility guidelines.
- A strong understanding of modern front-end web development.
- A deep understanding of HTML and CSS.
- Experience with PHP.
- A desire to produce quality, maintainable code.
- An understanding of working with and extending a CMS like Drupal or Wordpress.
- Experience working with an API.
- Ability to work under pressure in a creative team environment, managing tight deadlines and competing priorities in a demanding and fast-paced environment with irregular hours.
- An interest in Canadian politics, the NDP and current affairs.
- Strong organizational skills, communication skills and sound political judgement.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
July 04, 2017 at 8am ET.
Canada’s NDP practices employment equity. Women, racialized persons, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered persons are encouraged to apply for this position. If you are a member of an equity-seeking group, you may choose to identify as such in your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.